Fuck the Police

Funny enough, my lawyer called me today to ask if I was one of the John Does identified in this case and sent me a blurry photo to go along with it.

4 Likes

Writing your representatives and complaining about it is more effective now than it has ever been. If theyā€™re Democrats, they actually have the votes to do what you ask. If theyā€™re not, their feet are now being held much closer to the coals than any recent time, so push 'em closer. They deserve to be touching the coals, if you ask me.

Reuniting families, closing camps, not violating human rights, and not committing crimes against humanity seems like it easily makes the top things to ask for immediately. Hard to even think of something that would push it out of the top 1. Even bringing the previous administration to justice is in 2nd place behind this IMHO.

2 Likes

90% 96.1% of cops give the other 10% 3.9% a bad name.

2 Likes

Well that was fucking brutal:

• kids never going to trust law enforcement from the age of 9
  • as I parent Iā€™d be tackling the police then going to jail myself
1 Like

Kids definitely shouldnā€™t trust law enforcement at any age, the way it is today and has been for a century or moreā€¦

5 Likes

Growing up in rural white midwest America (am cis-male, white), my dad always told me that police couldnā€™t be trusted. Even those you think are friendly care more about being police than they do about your safety.

As an adult, Iā€™ve seen nothing to indicate he was even a little wrong.

2 Likes

Only 3 days. Is this a record?

I donā€™t think so. Iā€™d be very surprised if you couldnā€™t find a cop who was hired, but got un-hired for the same or similar reason before their first day on the job.

I bet youā€™d find a negative time for someone who got an offer letter and then it was rescinded due to domestic violence before they even accepted.

The Venn diagram of police violence, domestic violence, and pet violence is not completely a circle, but thatā€™s only because not all domestic abusers are able to become copsā€¦

My mom did animal rescue work, which often involved rescuing abused animals from homes. It was dangerous and violent work, because when animal abuse was occurring at a home, it was extremely likely that domestic abuse was comorbid.

3 Likes
1 Like

D_iXMmEWwAYSSfL

3 Likes

Why only half? Why not the whole thing?

2 Likes