Depression and Such

This idiot did. I think anyway. And even if he didn’t put my question into the realm of the hypothetical if you have to but my question remains unanswered.

If you just like the ritual of smoking, and vaping plain tap water, which perhaps produces no visible vapor, helps you out, should you not due this due to cancer fears?

You can’t vape tap water. It can’t work. It’s just water vapor at that point. It’s not a relevant comparison in any way.

The overwhelming majority of commercial vape products contain one or both of these as a thickener for the smoke not to mention as we stated there are quite usually various flavoring agents added to give the vapor flavors in addition to whether or not it has active compounds like nicotine, cbd, thc, etc.

Also all of the bathwater stories were debunked by the streamer when she stated none of the product had shipped out yet (the guy who vaped it, the other guy who drank it).

According to Delphine’s social media, no one had the bath water anyway, because it hadn’t yet been shipped to customers when these accusations emerged. This morning, Delphine posted a response to the rumors on both Instagram and Twitter, in which she stated that “nobody has been hospitalised from my bath water, or have gotten sick. All of these memes were posted before I even shipped any out.” The 'Gamer Girl Bath Water' Saga Keeps Getting Stranger - published the day after your linked story

If that is true, then fine, that’s a sufficient answer. I thought it was.

Not to mention shoddy electronics adding metals into the vapor.

1 Like

You guys don’t get it. I don’t care about my physical health. I wasn’t planning on living past 18. I’m already in stretch goals. If I have 35 or 40 years that I actually enjoy that’s fine by me.

I’ve run out of time to find an alternative way to get that effect. My doctor is withholding estrogen from me until I quit smoking. That’s more important than anything else.

1 Like

We care about your physical health.

4 Likes

That’s pretty fucked up. Can you find a new doctor?

Transgender women seen for hormone therapy at Boston Medical Center (BMC) are strongly advised to quit smoking before the start of treatment, not only due to general health benefits, but also because of the concern for increased thromboembolic events (blood clots) with estrogen therapy.

1 Like

What Okeefe posted. It’s not a doctor trying to blackmail me, it’s standard care.

I see.

It does make me wonder just how much of an increase in risk it is and how much people should be trusted to make their own decisions on matters like this, but I get it.

So, yeah; I see how your situation is pretty damn difficult, then.

My brother and his wife are going through fertility treatment.

They’ve set him to stop smoking and told her to lose weight.

They’ve both lost weight and he’s cut back so hopefully it’ll all go ahead now.

There are certain careers that just seem to have a smoking culture. Care and construction site works being the ones that stand out.

Ajit Pai with a good idea? Stopped clock is right twice a day.

This is good and I’m totally for it and also that organization needs to revise their training for operators cause that hotline suuuucks.

I’m so sad tonight I’m gonna cry. Already have twice tonight. I just feel so alone and lost in life I don’t know what could possibly alleviate this.

EDIT: We’re working on getting me into an intensive outpatient program.

I am in a bit of a funk right now. I am preparing for PAX and seeing a bunch of people but can not feel excited about it. My GF has been playing No Man Sky non Stop since Friday and was trying to guilt me into never going to any cons again since she doesn’t like it.

Whenever I take her requests of “do not stay out too late” whenever it comes to social functions I get a nodding approval for following her directions and she continues to be solo. Granted she travels 4 days a week and I do not blame her for wanting to just veg out on the weekends, but when I am calling accountants on her behalf so that she can take care of issues and doing research on which person would be best in helping fixing up the house at least we can go to the movies or see a comedy show once in a while.

I’ve been thinking about how I am typically the one to reach out to people every once and a while and check in with them to see how they are but none of them have been doing it with me as of late. I need some sort of the middle of the week thing every once in a while with people I know just so that I do not devolve into the guy who just goes to and from work returning to have no one to see.

Really want to get out of this mindset since been having flashbacks to when I was a super loner in High School and rather not start down that path again.

2 Likes

I can relate to this.

There for a while I wasn’t really in the mood to play any game more complicated than marvel Puzzle Quest. I’ve been playing the Transformers TCG to at least go out any meet people, but I’m not sure it’s entirely helping. I worry my frustration with the game is bleeding out and alienating people. I’m never overtly rude, but I know I can come across as seething.

I checked myself into an intensive outpatient program because I was suicidal a little too often. Not enough to warrant inpatient (if I could even do that with my trauma history around locked wards) but enough that I clearly needed some extra help. After one day I’m not optimistic about it being productive but I’m gonna give it a week to see what I think.

3 Likes

Had my ultrasound moved from next week to Thursday. I can’t deal with this constant anxiety, it’s making me nauseous.

Can people without PTSD get flashbacks? My professionals continue to insist that, although I have post traumatic stress, I don’t have a disorder. Tonight I put on Let It Be Naked, which is one of my favorite Beatles albums, and got flashbacks to when I was Section 12’d and sent to a locked ward. I realize I don’t have many triggers, and they certainly aren’t particularly common ones, but I clearly do have them.

1 Like