Cryptocurrencies and NFTs

2 Likes

I need a reason to boycott YouTube and gain my life back but jesus; at their scale this would be terrible.

I always assumed the Bored Ape images were racist portrayals, because, you know, just look at them.

But Iā€™d never seen the BAYC logo! Omg itā€™s even more blatant than I imagined.

3 Likes

I mostly fight battles that can be won in this space.

Hence, going after Kickstarter (itā€™s basically going to die now), Discord, Patreon, etcā€¦

Someone with something actually different and new to say.

2 Likes

Apparently Mr. Varoufakis founded

The European Realistic Disobedience Front, or MeRA25, is a left-wing Greek political party founded in 2018

Looks like he beat Rym to the punch!

ā€¦I fail to see how one can genuinely cherish freedom and tolerate capitalism.

Thatā€™s the quote right there.

1 Like

Using that one widely.

I will always remember him as EVE Onlineā€™s in house economist (he of course had an academic career beforehand) who left to become Minister of Finance in Greece under Alexis Tsipras. This is not a dig at him or his work, just a tidbit Iā€™ve found intriguing personally as his political career has been a thing for greek and euro politics.

Good interview. The thing Iā€™m now most curious about reading more about is, by my own previous passive understanding of the situation, China sacrificing Evergrande as a way of bringing development speculation under control without bursting a bubble too hard. It seems thereā€™s more to dig into here, as I assumed but didnā€™t know if it was a known thing.

Nah, not quite - He studied Eve, but he never worked for CCP games, he was the in-house Economist for Valve. CCPā€™s in-house Economist was Eyjolfur Guomundsson.

1 Like

We all know that the claim that ā€œNFTs support artistsā€ is bullshit, but I think we have the clearest demonstration of it now.

A website called ā€œHitPieceā€ has sprung up over night and just started selling NFTs for music. You can find anything and everything there, from Taylor Swift and Kanye West down to your local garage band that nobodyā€™s ever heard of. If its on spotify, bandcamp or some other service you can probably find it there, selling bullshit links without any artists consent but while using peoples likenesses, album art etc.

Basically ā€œhow to make the entire world mad at you in one easy stepā€.

1 Like

Lol this is all their front page is now:

1 Like
1 Like

Dan Olson has been interviewed on The Financial Diet regarding his NFT video.

I also recommend checking out more of her channel. She has way more videos explaining why crypto is bad.

4 Likes

Cryptomorons tried to make Magic cards into NFTs, immediately get slapped by WotCā€™s legal team.

2 Likes

I just want to say itā€™s really funny that there are so many cryptobro superb owl commercials.

The whole crypto thing was originally pushed by people who were trying to escape the existing financial systems of ā€œthe manā€. They wanted to escape from under the heel of big banks, wall street, and the existing corporate institutions.

And here they go taking the money they scammed off of people and just give it to NBC. Not a financial corp, but absolutely part of ā€œthe manā€ they were originally against. All in the hopes that they will be able to convince more rubes to pay for them to have a superb owl commercial next year.

1 Like

Not really. They werenā€™t upset at the system. They were upset that they were the ones suffering from it instead of inflicting the suffering. Thatā€™s basically why they are recreating every issue of the current financial system in theirs, just with them in charge and serving their interest. Itā€™s not that they didnā€™t want there to be a ā€œmanā€, itā€™s that they wanted to be ā€œthe manā€.

3 Likes