Covid-19

By law I have to say that I hope he stays in the best health he can for the good of the nation.

3 Likes

:frowning:

I wish him a speedy recovery.

3 Likes

I always have this feeling that I knew things before other people. I think it comes from reading too much Internet. Like this story:

Our mayor says he didnā€™t know asymptomatic people could carry and transmit the virus until April 4th. I feel like I learned that weeks ago. My perception of time could be off, but I definitely knew that well before April!

But whatever feeling I have of knowing things before other people know things is completely dwarfed by this:

Eerily prescient report warns against the current scenario in 2017. Whoever wrote that shit should model for the new face palm meme.

1 Like

There were definitely warnings in March that ā€œInfected people can be asymptomatic spreaders for up to Two Weeksā€. I heard about that before Saint Patrickā€™s Day.

1 Like

They definitely put the fact people can be asymptomatic for two weeks out way be for April. These leaders who claim theyā€™re just now learning about that fact should stand trial for gross incompetence and negligence.

2 Likes

Turns out my upstairs neighbor had it. The hospital misplaced her test and by the time they got back to her she was asymptomatic and had finished the two week quarantine.

They never had any symptom, or the test took so long that they recovered?

Boris Johnson is in the ICU.

Reap what you sow, motherfucker.

3 Likes

Alsoā€¦

The test took so long. She felt like death for a week.

Thatā€™s awful. Thankful she survived.

2 Likes

Omg this whole thread is great

https://twitter.com/tedsplitter/status/1247321079409934338?s=21

4 Likes

Oh thatā€™s Alice, Sheā€™s a delight. Sheā€™s one third of the Well Thereā€™s Your Problem podcast about engineering disasters, but with slides.

1 Like

Is anyone really surprised by this?

"President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say thereā€™s no strong evidence it works.

Trump ā€œhas a small personal financial interestā€ in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.

In addition, Sanofiā€™s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trumpā€™s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported."

4 Likes

Follow the money. If Trump likes something or is pushing it hard, itā€™s making him money.

4 Likes

Or he thinks its getting him votes / positive attention.

3 Likes

Additionally, as one of my friends put it, Trump is gambling/hoping that this drug is a silver bullet/Hail Mary pass to boost his ratings.

If he gambles and the drug actually works, he thinks people will forget how poorly he handled this whole thing. Never mind if it is too soon to say if this treatment actually works and never mind the fallout it will cause for those who definitely need it (lupus patients etc) let alone the fallout of if the gamble doesnā€™t pay off.

Of course then the narrative will be that Democrats blocked his sincerest efforts to prevent the disease and so see it really was their fault and not his.

Blame Nancy Pelosi/George Soros/Fake News Media, etcā€¦