Convince me to read a manga/comic with only one page

Is Reiroukan Still Alive?: This is one of my favorite comics to come out in the last few years. Shame it was so short.

Sheriff Evans’ Lie

1 Like

Somali and the Forest Spirit:

Grand Blue is no jokes amazing, but I’m not sure its about Diving any more. Also Cakey is best girl.

1 Like

Grand Blue is always about diving. It’s also always about getting sloshed, bad decisions, regrets, and taking it out on your peers.

On Cakey:

2 Likes

Yes, but what manga is that from?

Thus the JSDF Went There.

GATE: Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!. It’s kind of refreshing in a funny way to see US-styled military ooh-rah shit, done by someone other than the US.

Man, I wanted to love that show but it feinted with “modern military vs fantasy army” but followed up with “all aboard the waifu train”.

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii

Edit: I just realized that I got this manga rec from this thread…Welp.

1 Like

Haha I was referencing one of the scenes where the characters where talking about how they don’t really go diving any more. But yeah I love the drinking scenes. Its so touching when you have all these mad scenes where they go full out on the crazy then just a couple of boxes on how great diving is.

1 Like

Oh god yes! I was so into it till Roy turned up. It was such a good premise then ooop here comes the waifu for the sales!

No worries. If there was a rule about not doing that, Churba and I would have been kicked out of the old thread for how often we posted pages from Shokugeki no Souma.

Well yes, there are waifus in it, but I was at full staff during the battle scenes, especially the reference to Apocalypse Now with Ride of the Valkyries during an air assault of Italica.

In the first episode, when the king had the surrounding armies attack and lose to the JSDF so they couldn’t try to overthrow him, I thought that was what the show was going to be about.

spoiler

But then the JSDF is omnipotent and more-or-less omni-good, they hint at political machinations but nothing much comes of it, and the show largely turns into the main dude wandering around with his waifu brigade doing whatever he wants because reasons (“scouting for resources” I think). And the king, who started as the best character, basically disappears until he gets poisoned, and basically does nothing the whole show.

1 Like

Pretty much it had so much potential but just spaffed it up against the wall.

I don’t even know if this is a panel from a manga or not, and I don’t care.

https://twitter.com/lilnorthkorea/status/922319467421601792

That’s from the manga No Guns Life.

Rarely am I sold on the cover image alone. This is not one of those times.