Cheaters

I feel like we have threads about cheaters already, but I was unable to find them. Also pretty sure we did episodes on cheating. Maybe there were just several discussions about cheaters that ended up scattered across other relevant threads. I think maybe it’s because we use those stories as news, and the discussions get stuck to random episode threads. Anyway, I saw two just today, so now there’s a thread to collect these all in the same place.

For those who don’t get the joke, here’s the short version:

2 Likes
3 Likes

This is not a good cheater but it blew up in speedrunning, a while ago and was fun to watch.

1 Like

Holy shit. Even after what happened in 2018.

“When doping conspiracies become a crime under the Rodchenkov Anti-Doping Act, cheaters will be in U.S. prisons and clean athletes will be better protected.”

Wait, what? Prison?

For people unaware, the Astros were caught stealing signs, which is legal, but were using electronic means to do so, which is illegal. The penalty they are receiving are unprecedentedly huge, but they still did not revoke their championship.

I’ve talked about it before, but fining and punishing players or teams for cheating without also revoking their championship is mechanically the same exact thing as pay to win. The message it sends to everyone else is “If you are willing to pay these costs, you can break the rules and still be the champs.”

1 Like