Booh yah! Show me your moves!

That is a beautiful piece of work. That wood trim and the brass accents is on point.

Hope it sounds as great!

1 Like

That is fuckin beautiful. Can I ask the make and model? Curious what kind of sound you’re going for.

It’s an Ibanez AFC125! I was looking for something to take the mellower side of the spectrum, since my other main guitars are a Tele and Parker Fly. It’s a lot more than that though, I’ve been playing the guitar since I got it and it’s really comfortable with a really great tone both plugged and acoustic. Since it’s an archtop with flatwounds it has a really nice mellow attack that blooms as it lingers, which is a great contrast to my more immediate sounding guitars. I’ve had my eye on it for years, along with similar models, so I was surprised I found one for the price I did.

1 Like

Yeah Ibanez’s are great at that. Fender makes great guitars but the pick ups can be hard to wield, even a Tele has a ton of sensitivity. My Les Paul is my main electric these days, but I also don’t use that hollow body sound much anymore. If I did, I’d still be playing that Artcore.

Tore apart and fixed my drifting right joycon. It’s surprisingly easy, except for a couple of fiddly bits with the ZR button.

Got that final Skelly statue. Finally forged a bond with all the characters so I think it’s time to move on to Pyre.

Without posting anything confidential publicly, I am getting screened for a free lance writing gig for a nerd culture website. Fantastic that 17 years of anime cons, ten a working capacity, is finally paying off professionally as Rym and others have always told me it would.

9 Likes

I have completed a sql course on codecademy. One month ahead of schedule. Got one more to go and it appears 1/2 of it is already covered from the first course.

3 Likes

How is paid codecademy, I used it extensively when it was free, but haven’t tipped my toe in since it went premium and would love to know if I could still recommend it to others still.

I like it, it is like free Codecadamy with more examples. For example if you were to do the free SQL course you would get 1 lesson in the first 4 section.

The Pro version adds 3 more lessons and quizzes for those sections and adds 4 additional ones, plus one “here is how to set up your computer to use this.” Also you can post when you complete the course on your LinkedIN profile if you care about that.

Since I started this I found there is a cottage industry of other online learning areas that basically do the same thing. I think code.com is the most popular one but since I have not been on there have no apples to orange comparison to these sites.

1 Like

So I have had several boo-yahs of recent times.

1. I completed my theme of the “exit plan” I know have a direct path to get me out of the current situation that I am in and into a new area where I can do things that I want to do more.

2. In preparation for number 1, I managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat and COMPLETELY PAY OFF MY CREDIT CARD! May that card rot in hell and now only to be used when I can pay in full. I received an email this afternoon that the credit score has reached over 800 for the first time in my life.

3. By researching how to do the above I came across an interesting situation, if I were to go to a specific place, and do the exit plan through them, I am able to effectively pay $120 for a membership to reduce the overall costs by $1300, score.

4. I got email from the place I am going to about a competition, in which if I were selected as a winner I could get a $3000 discount to the item number 1. After checking to make sure #3 does not disqualify me from this. I took an hour to enter the competition, which was effectively writing an inspirational essay, and submitting it the day before the deadline. A few days later I get an email stating that not only did I win the $3000, but they added an additional $3000 on top of it!

I do not know if I am running a low% run on bills but I hope I can keep this up.

6 Likes

When I moved about three years ago I took with me my old shelves which were already a bit on the wobbly side. For the past couple of months I’ve been thinking about replacing them, mostly because they were getting rather full. What tipped me over was the fact that my friend who runs our local game store asked me to take with me my board games I had put in the shop because he wants to clean up and rework how he was going to organize the shops library of games available to play. Turns out I had left a lot more games in the store than I remembered, plus games I had still at home stored somewhere else.

So I bought some new shelves, set them up and the result is below. Now I have room to expand again and am rid of the creaking old stuff. I may also go in the cellar and pull out some old lego sets I had put there as now I have room to display them again. Otherwise that empty column is going to bother me.

2 Likes

I’m jealous of the LEGO moon rocket. I want it, and would have bought it a long time ago, but I have no place to put such a thing.

1 Like

IKEA Kallax shelves?

@Apreche Yeah, mine was also stuck in the closet for a long time because I also had no spot for it. Glad I have one now. Actually had to look around to find the little stilts for placing it lying down.

I have now figured out how to buy music off of mora.jp. It is a website that is owned by Sony where you can get various albums and singles from the Asian region. There is NO documentation on how to do this, but with google translate and a bit of knowledge how I was able to get it. So if anyone is interested let me know.

1 Like

Just got awarded a grant to go into Boston in August! Getting a few hundred dollars to write a blog post is nice when you can do it.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching the annual Desert Bus charity marathon for the past 8 years or more. Today was the first time I won a giveaway!

1 Like