Boat Times

1 Like

3 Likes

Not quite war on boats, nor war on cars.

2 Likes

Whoever gets on there and cleans it up better rename it to Rocinante and insist on calling it a Legitimate Salvage.

1 Like
1 Like

They found the Endurance.

You may remember it from such hits as, “the time Shackleton got every one of his men back alive, including the mutinous ones.”

1 Like

I also see I forgot to post my source for the cool boat engravings earlier.

An enhanced digital edition of J. G. Heck’s collection of illustrations from 1851 including more than 13,000 illustrations from 500 engraved steel plates and more than 1.6 million words of descriptions with new interactivity.

Yes!
Aw come on!

Art looks kind of Tumbleseedy.

Some major nightmare material. 5 souls, 4 days of air tops.

The good news is it shouldn’t have any issues with surpassing crush depth since it can handle going to the floor. Provided there isn’t any minute structural defects at all, of course.

The bad news is I don’t know if there’s any ships on station there that have a way to hoist that thing back up from the floor and all the way to the surface for a rescue in time, even if they did find it.

They say that such ships don’t have much ways to communicate? I don’t know all the details of all the systems but I know enough from working on subs to know that there are myriad ways to communicate and to navigate and to see and be seen. It would be pretty trivial to have at a minimum a deployable emergency locator sounding device that will ping and make noise. Or a bouy array, or a number of things. Heck I can visualize multiple devices that could act in such a way even as a locator that would deploy even in the case of a sudden total loss event.

And so my assumption is that such a sub would have those systems of some kind. So that tells me if they can’t fire any of those systems then there’s a good chance the thing imploded.

Placing bets on when it inevitably gets stuck or sinks.