Black Friday - Cyber Monday 2019

Now this is exactly the kind of thing I actually disagree with. Gotta hit em where it hurts. Nothing hurts more than lost revenue during the most revenue part of the year.

Maybe you try a strike during a slow time and use that as a credible threat during the black friday, but more than likely they’ll spend every day between strike day and black friday hunting down and axeing the strikers slowly.

For some, yeah. Amazon is the sort of asshat that’ll push things to that point but many other places will do whatever they can to bargain contracts as far from the peak parts of the year as possible.

Should also note, my opinions are based entirely around unionized worksites, where workers cannot be penalized for striking. Non-union worksites would definitely have to aim at busies times for their risky choice to strike to be effective. I wasn’t even considering non-union workers in my earlier responses.

My eyes go funny when reading “axeing”. It’s a British-English word where I much prefer the American-English variant. Personally I’d like it to be hyphenated like ski-ing.

I’m the fun American who uses “axe” and “axing”.

This is one of the few ways people can tell I’m Canadian, learning to read and write in Miramichi seems to have left it’s mark and every now and then people call me on it.

I’ve had clients speak to me for the first time and be surprised that a British accent doesn’t emanate from the speaker.

I don’t like any of the axe options.