Beards

Real beards, fake beards, imaginary beards. Talk about beards baby.

Haven’t ever grown a beard, until covid. Now I have an old paint brush.

I just realized this second. Are you the artist formerly known as Omnutia?

That’s a fabulous beard that clearly belongs to someone who could be very skilled with a paintbrush.

1 Like

#15 :sweat_smile:

I can tell you with absolute certainty, that is not my man Omnutia. But he says hi. He’s married and living in LA now, doing well for himself! (And his beard is magnificent.)

Mmm. Good for him. Bottom half of dazzle’s face looks like my (decade+ old??) memory.

That photo isn’t that far off. They have similar beard growth, though the jawline is a bit different.

Mine is at the point of regular oiling and combing.

2 Likes

I’m jealous of people whose beards match their hair color. Mine looks like I shaved a tortie and glued it’s hair to my face, though is going more grey every year.

1 Like

Yeah, my beard has got silver streaks, but they match the silver streak I’m getting on my head.

My beard gets pretty red with some blond highlights if I’m getting sun in the summer in contrast to my dark chestnut hair. I actually really enjoy having a different, natural shade for my beard hair.

I seem to remember in a more recent episode @SkeleRym mentioning a YouTube video about beard grooming/maintenance but have had a lot of trouble finding it here on the forum (if it was even posted as part of the show notes). I’ve recently joined the bearded ranks and my beard’s getting to be about as long as I want it to be, so I was hoping to find tips on shaping it/grooming it to make it look a bit neater.

Does anyone happen to have a link to that video or other good resources for that purpose? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the one that Rym used as thing of the day during a recent episode on leftovers.

2 Likes

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that but I appreciate you posting it here.

Thanks for the video again. Fairly happy with my first try.

2 Likes

I definitely feel like I should trim the mustache lip line with small shears, but Im always like Ef-it when the time comes after trimming back and cropping the rest of my beard and I just freestyle cut it with naked clippers.

Mine’s still a little too patchy for anything but the occational trim (old family curse), but the Duke Cannon beard balm I’ve been using has been making it softer and cleaner-looking than it ever has.

Have you tried any other balms before? I just grabbed Beardoholic’s when I started growing this, which I like but would be curious for second opinions or other options. Not sure if you’ve tried others before going to the Duke Cannon and can compare.

I picked it up randomly on vacation and loved it, I haven’t tried any other ones.

I’ll have to give it a shot. The softer I can make my beard the happier my wife will be.