Anime News

1 Like

Holy shit look at the items in this fucking auction.

1 Like

And this.

Update on the Uzumaki anime. The soundtrack is gonna be so good

clip starts at 1:30

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this the 2nd or 3rd independent streaming service they’ve made? I signed up for one once but they closed it.

This is the only one they made. First, Hulu had an exclusive deal to include the films on their service. Then TCM started a service called Filmstruck, and took the license from Hulu. After Filmstruck died (that’s probably the one you are thinking of) they announced they were launching the Criterion Channel, which they run themselves. It’s been around since 2018/19 and is still going. There are, however, also some other services that have licensed some of the films for distribution. For example, you can watch Seven Samurai on Prime Video (if you pay).

1 Like

Thanks! That clears up a bunch of questions I had about this!

HBO Max has a bunch of TCM content if you are into old timey movies.

1 Like

They’re going to use AI mainly for backgrounds and coloring.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus trailer

You knew it was coming.

1 Like

Odd Taxi is getting a movie. It’s called “Odd Taxi: In the Woods” and is a so called Reconstruction Film. It is a compilation of the TV series with an extended ending, as the show ended on an ambivalent scene that wasn’t fully resolved.

I am kind of not sure what to think. I absolutely love that show, but I don’t think the ending needs a resolution and there is a high risk of it tainting this amazing show.

yeah, I’m also baffled by this as well.

On the one hand, I want Odd Taxi to make all the money, because it is excellent and deserves every penny.

On the other hand,

Spoilers for an excellent show

I liked the ending where he is about to be murdered by a child in a city that uncaringly looks on as another person who found happiness has it cut short.