Will AI Destroy Us?

Not sure where to put this. I guess this belongs here…?

IBM should be thrilled, they can build room-sized computers again.

Will AI Destroy Us?

Yes.

I think AI would have an easier time writing the music to an AC/DC song than the lyrics.

When the AI is able to do this we shall realized Skynwt is complete.

https://youtu.be/RKAZd4fs5Mo

Can AI learn to make you vote for it in a vote who wins game?

In Diplomacy, it could get me easily with the Inverse Flame.

Just show me that I can not win, and that it can in fact remove me from the game without itself losing. Then show me that it can eliminate most or all other players except me and then end the game in a draw.

I’d take the draw.

Remember, Diplomacy is a game where either one person wins or some subset of players mutually draw. Every other player loses in all cases.

Over time, the AI could probably always guarantee it’s in the drawing coalition, and guarantee the smallest possible such coalition. If a draw is valued more highly than a loss…

Then it only has to force a win every now and then. Betray at a low but steady rate.

I think they are playing in a mode where only one player wins. Also, for now they are eliminating the communication phase of the game. They hope to add it later.

Skynet, is that you?

3 Likes

I’m mad jelly of that hair regardless.

That’s what I was saying. If you have that hair, what do you need a filter for?

1 Like

Elon unveils his new Murderbot.

Most “check out what I did with dall-e/stable diffusion/GPT/whatever” is pretty meh for me.
But this one really hit my buttons, especially the part where they tell it to go to the url chatGPT lives at, and it… works?

Talk about Skynet becoming self-aware!

Maybe a topic for a Geeknights show; the exploitation of artists is getting out of hand with this technology.

https://twitter.com/CrownePrints/status/1610441583899418624

I’d laugh if everyone who turned off the AI permissions suddenly couldn’t use content aware fill.

1 Like