Silicon Valley is stupid

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t like DoorDash, but I like this policy. As long as it’s during work hours, there’s nothing wrong with it. If it’s outside of 9-5, then there need to be extra compensation. If I was willing to work at that kind of place I would probably insist on doing deliveries, even if there was no such policy. I need to know what it’s like being a user of the software to be able to make it properly. The fact that these people are mad about it, and also willing to work at DoorDash in the first place, indicates they are Silicon Valley scumbags.

5 Likes
1 Like

I’m not 100% familiar with the US tax code or the texas tax code, but I’m pretty sure he will end up paying substantially less than that, if anything.

I made it 6 minutes in to this "up-and-coming crypto scam—er, project—has managed to dunk on cryptobros better than any satirist i’ve seen so far, with one of the most painful-to-watch youtube videos i’ve seen in a while. join me in hell as we watch this together: "

I feel bad for the driver. Tesla should be footing the bill for their dangerously faulty software, not him.

I’m no defender of Bezos or the mega-rich, but the bridge is between where the ship is being constructed and open water and it is a temporary removal, not destroying the bridge permanently so he can cruise in and out of this waterway at his leisure. There is plenty to criticize the rich for but this is on the ship construction company and the city. If the city decides to deny this solution then the ship maker will have to come up with an alternative plan.

*Edit: yes of course, mega yachts for the mega rich are dumb and evil, yadda yadda… so in that way of course it is his fault but that’s less Silicon Valley and more evils of late-stage capitalism

But wait, there’s more!

In the filing, the company also said the California department of fair employment and housing investigated allegations of race discrimination and harassment in Tesla workplaces and gave notice that it has grounds to file a civil complaint against the electric-car maker.

Hey, remember when this thread was started years ago and the very first post was about the Juicero? You ever wonder what happened to the company and its founder? Sure, it was closed mainly for being a scam, but there were other reasons for its downfall that were way wackier than you think.

1 Like

My earlier post on Tesla has escalated to a lawsuit.

Hell, I’d even say simply died is underselling it - They didn’t just randomly drop off, 15 of them had to be euthanized because of side effects and damage caused by these experiments. It’s basically just torturing monkeys for nothing.

And please do remember, this is the process Elon wants to move to human trials for in 2022.

NOt sure if this is gauche or not, but I couldn’t resist.

Audible/Amazon isn’t paying the royalties to audiobook creators they are supposed to be paying because shenanigans. pikachu.jpg

Um… Exqueeze me?