RIP: The Old Forum

I can’t get a single thread to open.

Both that IP address and forum.frontrowcrew.com only go back to page 100. 2010.

WHERE DID THE FIRST 5 YEARS GO

Edit: huh, if you go to a particular category rather than the frontpage, it seems everything is still there. Another point for “Vanilla sucks”.

That’s the cause of most of the minor issues everyone had that we could never fix with Vanilla…

1 Like

Seems like some threads work and some error. The logs have no error messages in them…

I have fixed most (all?) of the errors on the old forum and moved our DNS to point to our self-hosted archive rather than the paid Vanilla installation. I also told Vanilla we want to cancel service. I just got a $150/month raise starting next month!

Actually, $130. The old forum and new forum are each using $10/month Linodes.

Consider the Nintendo Switch paid for.

3 Likes

If you do see a thread or anything over there that doesn’t work, let us know. We’re basically being paid $130/month to fix it. :wink:

Only issue I see is that a lot of the avatars are broke but that’s not important.

I’m aware of the broken avatars. Nothing I can do.

Is that because Gravitar?

I figured. It was either that or it was a shit ton of work and not worth it given the reason you’re keeping that around.

I don’t know. I didn’t even investigate because it doesn’t matter.

How’s this for unhelpful?

Last time I was there, I saw a bunch of the nested replies had broken and Literally all of them were displaying. I’ll provide a link here when I next notice it