Dilluvia Project (new)
Solarius Mission (new)
Junk Art, Traders of Osaka, Sheriff of Nottingham, Samarkand
Unlock! The Island of Doctor Goorse (new)
Sidereal Confluence (new)
Timbuktu, Between Two Cities: Capitals, 1846, Favor of the Pharaoh, Haspelknecht, Luna
Caverna: Cave vs Cave (new)
Caverna: Cave vs. Cave, First Martians
2x King’s Road (new)
2x Tulip Bubble (new)
1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties (new)
Archon: Glory and Machination (new)
Dulluvia Project, Solarius Mission, and Archon: Glory and Machination were all games I picked up in an auction lot. Solarius Mission is great (slight preference over La Granja from the same designers, but I haven’t played either very much) Dilluvia Project and Archon are fine, but missing the enjoyment of puttering around the map in Solarius Mission.
Sidereal Confluence is a hell of a game. The designer diary suggests that he started with a huge game (AH Civilization in space) and pared it down until it was just the trading phase.
I’m quite fond of Timbuktu, and was more than happy to play it with five players (it feels a bit ‘off’ with four, since you have a dummy hand to pass around)
I have now taught… eight or nine people 18xx using 1846. This weekend I even had an “aha” moment prompted by working through a new player’s question (Why do the corporations run in reverse order in the first Operating Round?)
I received my copy of 1862EA earlier this month, there’s a lot of unique rules to digest (three kinds of trains and 20 corporations with a random setup that assigns different train permits to each). You get a lot of money from growing stock value very quickly, it seems like a strong incentive to ensure that one of your corporations gets an H train (mine did not).
We played King’s Road incorrectly (twice!), I must have expended all my rules comprehension on 1862, with nothing left for such a simple game. (You’re supposed to score EVERYTHING left on the board)
When we played Tulip Bubble, I made an EV calculation: I had a 25% chance of caching out and getting $115, and a 75% chance of finishing in the negatives. I lost, penniless, but it’s such a quick game that it’s hard to be mad.