Now that Donald Trump has Won

I mean regardless, even if it was unconstitutional, the only way to hold him accountable is for Congress to do it, and we know that goes.

What a fucking travesty this whole fucking country has become.

2 Likes

Yep

Sad 15/characters

Edited to add:

Mueller could potentially refuse an order from Whitaker, saying that he wasn’t unconstitutionally appointed. At that point, it might go to the courts? Not that that would be much better if it worked its way up to the Supreme Court.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/appeals-court-rules-trump-daca-immigrant-policy-59063319

2 Likes

This is the best explanation I’ve found about the legality of Whitaker’s appointment:

3 Likes

This is a rather novel and clever strategy on Maryland’s part concerning the new Acting AG:

" Under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Trump administration had stopped defending key parts of the Affordable Care Act in court on the grounds that the law became unconstitutional when Congress repealed the tax penalty for individuals’ failure to buy health insurance.

Maryland filed suit against Sessions challenging that position…

The state seeks a preliminary injunction that prevents the federal government from responding to the suit while Whitaker appears as acting attorney general. Instead, Maryland requests a declaration that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is the acting attorney general."

1 Like

This is just sad. The White House had to enact a policy just to get Trump to do his job.

3 Likes

This sounds like something a kindergarten teacher makes up.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’d rather he spend his time tweeting and watching TV than working. He might do less damage that way.

1 Like

Debatable, the tweets gin up the idiots who voted for him and the rest of the Geriatric Old Pricks.

3 Likes

I teach kindergarten, this is below even them.

1 Like

Uniting for a common cause…

NBC and other outlets have joined in as well. It’s The Post all over again.

On the flipside, though, there’s this shit…

1 Like

It’s finally happened.

1 Like

“In his decision, Kelly ruled that Acosta’s First Amendment rights overruled the White House’s right to have orderly press conferences. Kelly said he agreed with the government’s argument that there was no First Amendment right to come onto the White House grounds. But, he said, once the White House opened up the grounds to reporters, the First Amendment applied.”

I guess Trump is going to continue his tradition of skipping the White House Correspondents’ Dinner :rofl:

5 Likes

Even Fox News was on CNN’s side in this case. As much as they may be ass-kissers to the Con-Man-in-Chief, even they know what the long term ramifications for them would be if/when a Democrat is elected president.

1 Like

Ooh, reading the article, apparently the judge that handed victory to CNN was appointed by Trump himself!

2 Likes

I know Acosta is too professional to do this, but I would absolutely LOVE it if his first question to Sarah Huckabee Sanders when he gets his credentials restored would be:

“How does it feel to get your butt kicked by the DC district courts?”

That being said, I could totally see some of the White House press corps having all kinds of sly fun asking Sanders for the White House’s response to their loss.

1 Like