GeekNights Thursday - How we've changed in 20 years

My ideal con is to hang out with existing friends while making new friends in the process of mutually enjoyable activities.

I was disappointed this podcast didnā€™t touch much on your romantic or family relationships.

1 Like

Mind your own business.

4 Likes

Well youā€™ve certainly changed from someone who did a whole podcast episode about masturbation. :wink:

I wanted to talk about that, but we ran out of time.

2 Likes

ā€œAs a 36 year old I donā€™t have time for single player gamesā€

I find this a really weird statement because as a 21 year old I donā€™t have time to constantly lose at multiplayer games.

1 Like

Multiplayer games can be an opportunity to conveniently double up on gaming time and friend time.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point and even at 28 I find the hunt for new single player games tiring. Iā€™m pretty envious of people who play 1 or 2 MP games and donā€™t have to think through what to play next.

As a 39 year old, I generally just donā€™t enjoy multiplayer games, regardless of how much free time I may or may not have.

The amount of time I have isnā€™t a factor in the types of games Iā€™ll play. Enjoyment is pretty much the sole factor.

1 Like

As a 33 year old, no one will play (read: feed my insatiable appetite) Dominion with me.

4 Likes

I will lose to you at Dominion.

YISSSSS

om nom nom

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same spot. I have like six or seven expansions and havenā€™t played in years.

HMMM scheming fingers

3 Likes

These days I primarily seek competition with humans in my games.

For single player experiences, I want them to either be training for the competition against humans, or else succinct high quality experiences.

1 Like

Iā€™m still very much into long single player games, though I am much pickier about them than I used to be. Unless it is something like Persona where I know for sure I will love it, or something that is very much in my wheelhouse, I donā€™t buy right away and wait for not only professional critical reviews but also personal testimonials from people I share tastes with.

2 Likes