Games You are Currently Playing

That is at the top of my list too, after hearing about it on a couple of “Games of the Year” podcasts. Should be able to squeeze in a couple more games before Zelda hits, then it’s all over for the next 6 months :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a handful of hours into Tunic, and I can say it’s a very well executed Metroidvania.

Best part is the mechanic where as you explore, you find pages of the instruction booklet, complete with maps, artwork, tips, and indecipherable Fox language that makes more sense as you discover what’s going on.

It’s on xboz game pass right now.

I’ve beaten Tunic. And… well. I underestimated the instruction booklet, to put it mildly.

I think it’s a very good game. It’s half Zelda, half Dark Souls, half Metroidvania, half Metroidbrainia.

The veteran Metroidvania player will recognize many aspects of the game. “Hmm, lots of things seem to be decorated with some 3-slot design, I wonder what that could be about.”

But! There were a number of times I was taken by surprise. Both in good ways, and “oh… oh no” ways.

There are also very nice accessibility features. I did turn on invincibility for the last bit. I also reached a point where I recognized a puzzle was there to be figured out, and didn’t want to do the legwork to do so. I looked it up online, and was happy I made the right call on that one.

If you enjoy Metroidvanias, I think you should play it. I would suggest not finding out much before you play. It’s really a game you should discover as you go along.

1 Like