European Politics

Wait, being a political party doesn’t exclude them from official legal investigation, instead of just relying on the press to try and get some valuable quotes on the issue from a representative and also political opponents?? What’s the benefit of being part of the government at all then!?

/heavy sarcasm

1 Like

I found this video to be an excellent overview of the important events that have occurred in Ukraine over the past ~10 years or so that set the stage for the current dynamic between Russia, Ukraine, and the rest of Europe. I have heard the highlights of most of the events covered in this video, but have missed most of the smaller details and how they are impacted by the politics in and around Ukraine as well as seeing the common themes connecting them. Definitely worth watching.

*Addendum: I was surprised to see the usage of “contra-fascism” narratives by the right-wing players/politics in and around Ukraine. Not surprised that it occurred at all, but surprised at both how repeatedly it was utilized as a rallying idea and how similar it is to the uninformed or intentionally misinformed American right-wing usage of it. I guess my point is, there really is nothing new under the sun. Right-wing playbooks are pretty similar even in different places.

1 Like
1 Like