Ethical Consumption (Under Capitalism)

I mean, the thing I’m the most impressed with is the transhuman ending for two characters, plus the implied third one.

That’s the kind of stuff a lot of shows never explore, or even if they do only do so shallowly. Looking at you Star Trek

2 Likes
4 Likes

I hear rich people taste like wagyu.

I always like to make the joke that ‘the rich’ is probably vegan.

1 Like

I did not know this analysis, but I am not surprised. It’s complicated yo.

Comparing the environmental impact of different grocery bags (SciShow):

1 Like

#15charactersofLCA

End capitalism.

1 Like

I am working on two amazon warehouses, ensuring the construction is proper and cost effective.

One in Redditch is nearly complete and the one in Swindon they’re cracking the whip to get it all done in time. The one is Swindon is huge.

Continuation of previous post: FritoLay’s plant is a hellhole.

1 Like

While it’s practically impossible to solve the problems of waste/ pollution/ carbon emissions on a consumer level. I feel voting with your money can make a difference, if we can all stay on the trend of more and more ethical spending.

It’s only part of the solution. The real solution has always been, real leadership making systemic change.

But, do what you can right…

TL;DW: Yes. Meat is a huuuuuge problem. But also, Beef is a huuuuge percentage of that problem.

Here’s an article:

https://coolclimate.org/blog-cars-coal-cows-consumption

And here are some charts from it:

Most of these categories listed are aggregations of various things combined. Look at “Other Goods” which includes everything from forks to iPhones. All of that combined is still not as much as meat. And beef alone comprises more than all other meats combined. One specific good, beef, releases an amount of CO2 that rivals the manufacture of all goods that aren’t clothing or furniture.

Car absolutely gets the gold medal, with beef and natural gas fighting over silver and bronze.

If we just ban car and beef we might be able to just keep all the other excesses of our society and be ok. We’ll certainly be much better off. Bonus, those are two things I personally don’t mind giving up at all, and have mostly given up already.

2 Likes

A global beef-free diet would free 2 billion hectares (7,722,043 square miles) of land.

A global vegan diet would free a total of 3 billion.

It is abundantly clear that we should heavily regulate and subsidize alternatives to both cars and beef. We could literally ignore almost all other causes of climate change for a long long time if we deal with these two things even partially.

Beef and Cars.

1 Like

And for anyone wondering what to do with all the cows, just remember they’re basically big moo puppies.

1 Like