Ethical Consumption (Under Capitalism)

Same reasons you shouldn’t eat any other cheapo fast food. Ew.

Oh I was afraid they were also bigots or something. Yeah I’ve had this debate I really like greasy fast food things on occasion, sue me.

I mean, they might be bigots also. I don’t know either way. It’s not like I’ve researched every company ever.

I mean obvs but there seemed to be an implication there was something horrible I wasn’t aware of.

I mean, ask someone to let you in the back of a popeyes to inspect the situation. I’m willing to bet you’ll find at least a few horrible things.

Twitter is great because I can find people who manage to say the same thing I was trying to say, only way better, and with a lot fewer words.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much my feelings. I wouldn’t begin to consider forgiving fil-A-the-gay-away until they prove they’ve donated at least an equivalent amount of money to LGBTQ+ aiding groups as they have to ones that hurt them.

Turns out, fried chicken tastes good. Sorry bruh

4 Likes

Yeah, so go eat fried chicken and not whatever it is they sell at Popeyes or KFC.

I guarantee you that Popeyes and KFC fried chicken is better than 90% of what you get in most other restaurants.

4 Likes

I don’t have any fried chicken specialty restaurants around here. Plus you gotta invest a lot more to make good fried chicken at home with more groceries, more time, and more clean up (all that oil for frying). It’s not as easy as making a burger at home.

Not having better restaurants is just life. In NYC there are less excuses, at least for people who have money.

If you want to fry at home, you don’t have to go mega deep with the oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2I4eZimTw

2 Likes

So don’t go getting a Frozen Lemonade and a chicken sandwich just yet. They’ve stopped donating to LGBT, but my understanding is that A) they haven’t ruled it out entirely in the future, and B) at least some of the money is going to a foundation founded by the guy who made Chick Fil A… which donates to anti-LGBTQ causes anyway.

Yeah its still run by shitty people so the money is still going in the pockets of bigoted jerks. And like I said, there are better fast food chicken sandwiches anyway.

lolno
They said the same thing a few years ago. They lied.

EDIT: Well, that was quick.

I’m not surprised they backtracked. I’m slightly surprised they went through the effort to make a big deal about slightly fixing their shit only to backtrack while people were still paying attention. I figured they would at least wait some months. Or maybe they would lie and say they were improving, but actually continue to donate.

Point is, don’t eat there.

See what I don’t get is the whole Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich thing. AFAIK it started as a counter-protest to CFA, but it sort of devolved into shortages and people having fistfights over the sandwiches. I’m like… huh?

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8S84qtzQA

2 Likes

That is some good chicken, but uses more/deeper oil.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B48IYAiJ1cx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link