Allergies

Doesn’t that conflict with your prior hypothesis that somehow being inside, and not being exposed, created or worsened allergies for many people?

My hypothesis is unfounded speculation. I have no idea. I was mostly speculating on whether or not people could be getting new allergies due to the weird environment we were in.

But I do know that once something does becomes an allergen for you (i.e., you are sensitized), then more exposure to the thing increases your chance of more serious reactions.

I took a ceterizine Sunday afternoon. Then I didn’t take one yesterday since it’s supposed to only be one every 24 hours, and I didn’t remember what time. I also wanted to get it out of my system to have a good test today.

Today I took one 10mg in the morning between 9 an 10AM. I was feeling pretty great all morning. No symptoms whatsoever. They say that it is pretty fast acting, but within an hour the entire pill will be completely absorbed/active. At 1PM, 3-4 hours later I ate a test apple.

I definitely felt the warm/tingly sensation on my cheeks beneath my eyes. It’s actually kind of nice. Close to the feeling of warm soup on a cold day, only in a different part of the body. A very slight amount of eyelid twitching has also entered the chat. No other negative symptoms really. No bad feelings in the mouth, nose, throat, etc.

For the time being I think I’ll just restrict my raw apple eating to apple season. It’s pretty much what I was doing already since that’s the only time apples really taste good anyway. I’ll just cut out the few apples I eat out of season.

Tomorrow I’m going to experiment by peeling an apple.

I took allergy medicine for the third consecutive day in a row this morning. I’ve definitely noticed less, but not none, face symptoms. The phlegm level has definitely gone down.

I just ate an apple, and the warm feeling didn’t happen.

Hey to take a pseudoephedrine today. Ragweed count is extra high today apparently. Didn’t eat any apples but I did have an avocado for lunch. No warm feelings were experienced from eating the avocado. heh