What's with all these awful Youtubers being popular?

White cis/hetero males have over 75% chance of being shitty.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s pretty much the first checkbox on the rubric.

We can call it “Judge youtubers by their cover” Unlike the anime version I’d actually watch this. We just need like the youtuber version of the anime release lists.

While I would love to make this, it’s too dangerous because of the immense amounts of actual harm to real people caused when I am wrong.

If I judge an anime wrongly, nobody gets hurt. If I say something like “this dude probably cheats on his wife and solicits pics from his underage fangirls” and the dude is actually the best, that is fucked the fuck up.

I’m only suggesting we do this semi-privately. Like, I make a spreadsheet or something.

1 Like

I’m down for a spreadsheet, but I’d be even more down for like an unlisted youtube video.

The big issue for me is just I don’t know most youtubers. Everytime youtube drama comes up, I’m over here like:

I saw it was related from some reddit thread I perused. Looking to verify what I said, hilariously there is a newsweek article?

O’Farrell lobbed a number of accusations against Knabenbauer over multiple Twitter threads, including cheating on her with content creator Holly Conrad, known as Commander Holly.
Conrad was formerly married to animator and Game Grumps contributor Ross O’Donovan (who has remained quiet on social media).

Although he is not one of the recognizable two guys I am familiar with as “Game Grumps.”

Oh I guess I also know of Chris Perkins. Hah.

He’s an animator and friend of Egoraptor’s. He (used to?) do the Steam Train videos. I think they’re only putting GameGrumps in there for Google juice. This would be like saying “Nate Malynn was indicted today for lighting ten rich people on fire; he is also known as an associate of Scott Rubin of the GeekNights podcast” in terms of how close the two are.

Yeah, it’s gonna get real interesting for WotC if some of the more serious allegations that are currently unproven rumor turn out to be true. They’re literally D&D brand ambassadors and one of WotC’s hotter properties right now.

WotC (at least modern, post-#MeToo WotC) has not been shy about cutting people loose if they’re accused of bullshit.

Not really related, but WotC has always loved firing people. Christmas layoffs every year for years.

I will concede the internet is providing the highest of quality of dragging bitches thru the mud.

1 Like

He was also connected to a video game reviewer group called NormalBoots. The most famous member of that group being terrible piece of shit JonTron. The irony is that when Jon came out as racist, Jared was probably the most vocally active against Jon, so some of Jontron’s fans are now trying to be like “Well our guy wasn’t a piece of shit adulterer!”

I watched the story unfold in real time how it was first about infidelity, then Holly/Ross’s divorce, then stories about sending illicit photos to his fans, then it turns out one of those fans he pressured was 16. What a piece of shit. And I loved his and Holly’s content for years.

I can say that nearly all reaction to the events is putting Jared on blast and being completely supportive of Heidi. Since there are so many people speaking up about Jared’s messages and photos…there’s no shadow of doubt over who is bad in this situation.

Youtube is absolutely pathetic when it comes to harassment and moderation.

I had a terrifying thought that I needed to share:

In the next 10-30 Logan Paul has a chance to become President. He reeks of the same entitlement that Trump swims in.

A person like that won’t live that long. Also, if the US keeps going in a direction where that is possible for that long, it will collapse before he gets the chance to run.

I disagree. I’m not nearly as big of a piece of shit, but definitely have him beat for “Things that could easily kill you”, and I’ve somehow clocked three decades and counting, not that many years till I’d be eligible for a presidential run, if only in terms of age. If I’ve not died by 30, I’m pretty sure he’s in with a pretty good shot at survival.

1 Like

Keith Richards is still alive. He is proof that a person’s lifestyle is not necessarily related to their lifespan.

Scott thinks that THIS couple decades we’ll get rid of all the Shitheads in society, as opposed to the last 100 million years of society where we were not able to :-p

The trick is to get rid of everybody.

1 Like

Look man I can try, but I’m no John Wick.

4 Likes