What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Stay in school kids so you can have fists like steel by the time you go to college.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably right and Iā€™m misremembering. I could have sworn that Bokuto, when he was showing Danny how to use his powers, got him to power up both fists.

Regardless, the show is crap and the character is terrible.

I know in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon (which had a younger Iron Fist) he started the series only being able to use his right hand. Later on in the show he was able to use both after going back to Kung-lung.

It would not surprise me that this might have been an arc in the comics.

It makes perfect sense if you are - the small video section Iā€™m talking about is right around that point in the show, if not being shown to Danny Rand and his glowing hand by Bakuto, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised.

1 Like

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is back on the air baby! Canā€™t get enough of those incredible songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_88Vx8-n_NI

Been binging Halt and Catch Fire. Itā€™s really good so far. It was canceled after 4 seasons, I think, my guess is terrible marketing. Admittedly I am a sucker for Lee Pace, since The Fall (movie).

3 Likes

I absolutely love that movie! The visuals are just breathtaking.

I had a feeling that might happen. Only watched the first two but I could feel the well drying.
@jabrams007 it is hands down my favorite movie

1 Like

In general, I feel like Lee Pace is criminally underrated. Heā€™s such a good actor.

Concerning the Fall, I just remember seeing the trailer somewhere and just being blown away by how good it looked, both the actual visuals, and the movie in general. It certainly didnā€™t hurt that the trailer was set over Beethovenā€™s 7th Symphony, which is one of my favorite pieces of classical music.

When I finally saw the movie, I was not disappointed at all. I just wish I had been able to see in an actual movie theater on a big screen.

2 Likes

Halt and Catch Fire I thought was still pretty good in the 3rd season. Gonna have to get into the last one and see what it has in store.

I mean I think 4 seasons for what this show is, and for the structure it has, is pretty good. While the cast and setting is great thereā€™s only so many episodes of juice without drastically altering the base formula on a fundamental way. Maybe if certain characters had split off more definitely into other lanes each with their own networks of people, there would be some direction to work with each characterā€™s individual qualities in those new pools. I donā€™t want to get into dem spoilz, but, it seemed every attempt at breaking into a new direction was mitigated perhaps by a sense that the story would not have the room to grow such.

Iā€™m looking forward to what Mackenzie Davis does next. And Pace. And fuckit, basically anyone from the cast.

Episode two of Bojackā€™s current season was beautiful.

That season only gets better.

We can definitely agree on both of those counts. Beethovenā€™s 7th is the fucking bomb, and easily a reason I immediately fell in love with the movie.

I had no idea he played Thranduil, because all that white hair distracted from the eyebrows. They are really good eyebrows.

I watched the third season & liked how much I hated some of the characters, while being invested in them regardless. And seeing how things I picked up on in S1 ā€œfestered and rottedā€ as the show went on. @SWATrous absolutely recognize that the showā€™s formula was both its strength and weakness. You kind of wonder if the theme that pervades the storyline was also present in the creative process. Good TV is hard, especially when itā€™s fast paced, centered on conflict, without finite boundaries. I canā€™t think of a indefinite series that didnā€™t flounder.

2 Likes

I appreciated the less-than-hamfisted inclusion of Joeā€™s bi-ness, especially in the way he related to vulnerability and the other gay character (no spoilers).

1 Like

Watching Star Trek Discovery, and I had a lot of doubts with episode 1 and 2, but 5 and 6 have been pretty good.

3 Likes

Gotham. Itā€™s alright.

All this talk about Halt and Catch Fire has caused me to finally start watching the second season. Iā€™m about 1/3 of the way through it so far and Iā€™m loving it. As much as I love Lee Pace, I find his story line to be not anywhere near as interesting as whatā€™s going on with Mutiny.

I think his storyline gets better as the show breaks him.

Iā€™m very impressed with season four of Bojack so far.