What have you bought recently?

Did you buy something recently? Did you do some online shopping or go to a brick-and-mortar store and purchase stuff (food, clothes, equipment…whatever you need)? Talk about it here.

I just recently ordered this turntable for my sister’s boyfriend–his birthday is coming up in a few weeks and he got a few records for Christmas (not by me) and he’s kinda bummed that he has nothing to play them on, so that’ll be our special surprise.

So what about the rest of you?

Pokemon Sun. Pretty good so far!

Also, a few tools, and while not a cash purchase so much as trading my time for it, a new(to me) toolbox, that’s big enough to hold a lot more of my tools.

I bought a new old camera on Ebay so I can archive my 100 digital-8 tapes from 1999 to 2005. Here’s unboxing and trying to get it to work. Also: rewinding tapes? I’ve not had to do that for a decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZV0O96U1Rk

The cable cost more than the camera!

I just found my new favorite online store–Poshmark. It’s a cross between a social network and an online boutique/auction store that specializes in fashion products.

On her Christmas list, my aunt asked for a special hair care product that’s hard to find nowadays (it used to be a CVS exclusive, but they’ve stopped carrying it), so I did a Google Shopping search for it, and it brought me to Poshmark where I can buy a whole set for $25. Not a bad deal, so I ordered it.

What makes Poshmark especially unique is that it’s not some soulless store or brand that carries the products you find on the store–the sellers are actual people who take these products out of their own closets and bathrooms and sell them if they have no use for them. They also didn’t do the Amazon approach of just putting your order in a generic envelope and shipping it out–they actually took the time to gift-wrap every individual product, put them in a fancy holiday box, and even left a hand-written note to thank us.

I’m very impressed with Poshmark and will be definitely buy more from this site in the future. If you don’t want to give money to Jeff Bezos for shampoo or dresses or whatever, this is a nice alternative.