Video Game Hype Thread

Goldfingerā€™s been playing quarantine songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rSYEoBMYM

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/05/the-australian-who-brought-microprose-back-from-the-dead/

I donā€™t know if this is exactly hype, but the Amazon game Crucible comes out tomorrow F2P on Steam. Iā€™m gonna try it at least. I have the $0 and the time. Might end up being an situation where I install, play, delete, but whatev.

Iā€™m also going to play it to see how it is. Itā€™s been a long time coming, I remember playing a super early prototype when I was on the engine team like 4 years ago, so Iā€™d like to see the finished product.

1 Like

It seems like they have a mode where you form 2p teams, so message me.

1 Like

I played a few games this morning. Itā€™s pretty fun! I think Iā€™d prefer to play with friends with voice chat in the future though.

In both games I played the default marine guy, but wasnā€™t very impressed by his accuracy. Also in both games, the players with the highest kills were both the floating robot character, who seems to be able to throw unlimited splash-damage grenades from above. Seems a bit overpowered, but Iā€™d have to play more than two games to see.

Pac-Man Live Studio. Yes please.

A very funny reply to Rymā€™s tweet about Crucible:

1 Like

Yo thatā€™s my dad.

Whatā€™d Rym say? I canā€™t see it too easily as he has me blocked on twitter.

Talking about crucible the game, got a reply about Crucible the book. I think.

2 Likes
1 Like

Saw that yesterday. Iā€™ve see companies add and remove DRM and other controversial things before, but this is the fastest turnaround time I can remember.

I wonder if the massive review bombs on Steam and the apparently not-small number of refunds were a factor.

1 Like

Could be hype, could be trash.

1 Like

Is this finally the return of TIE Fighter? Itā€™s first person, so itā€™s not Rogue Squadron. We wonā€™t have any gameplay footage for a couple more days, so it could still be a huge disappointment. But everything we know so far is good news. It will supposedly have multiplayer, single player, VR support, and HOTAS/joystick support is confirmed. I heard a rumor that only first person view is allowed in multiplayer. I also heard that it has the feature where you are shifting your energy between different systems, just like TIE Fighter.

Weā€™ll just have to see if this is the real deal, or trash. Iā€™m honestly very worried because EA. Will it be some pay to win, DLC, microtransaction trash ruining everything?

2 Likes

I"m cautious but excited.

All I want is TIE Fighter but while wearing my VR headseat and holding onto my HOTAS.

2 Likes

In the meantime, have you played House of the Dying Sun? While itā€™s not TIE Fighter, itā€™s a pretty good space sim and it has VR:

1 Like

Following some big shakeups in their corporate structure over there, Iā€™m guardedly optimistic.