Video Game Hype Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQUAeOvSlJ4

Man, Big Hero no 6 and Wreck it Raphā€¦

Every time I read about the differences between Civ V and VI, I always circie back to: ā€œWhy donā€™t I just play Endless Legend instead?ā€ While not completely identical, Endless legend has a similar City-Building style. Itā€™s not made for Multiplayer, but that really isnā€™t a requirement for me.

In other news:

https://youtu.be/yZRlcM41Lcg

I kind of wish the SRW games would get away from Cross Ange though. Itā€™s a really ugly series, and I donā€™t mean that in a visual way.

So in other news,

Valveā€™s Artifact gameā€¦ escaped today. ā€¦Yay?

Sadly Dead on Arrival. If only they had a different payment model, it would be my number one game right now. Instead Iā€™m paying attention to the new Hearthstone expansion.

Been a lot of hype around keyforge, Not a videogame I know but still.

For sure. I really want to play it, but I refuse to engage in this awful business model.

Well after several month of sub-par sales and low population, expect a rework of the monetization scheme, along with rolling of several heads.

Acquired a free Artifact key, tried it a little.

Honestly even the CCG business model aside, itā€™s just not that interesting mechanically. Most cards donā€™t ā€œdo cool thingsā€ outside of a very narrow possibility space. While itā€™s not versus, Slay the Spire even makes better use of the card game framework to come up with interesting gameplay.

Havenā€™t played Hearthstone so I canā€™t compare. Thereā€™s probably an element of nostalgia here, but when I think of the good olā€™ days of MtG I remember how many rule breaking/changing cards there were. Artifact by comparison is just ā€¦bland.

1 Like

Hearthstone is the exact opposite. The cards are just so ridiculous. Check out this card from the upcoming expansion:

Competitive serious Hearthstone players who want a game where skill and decisions made in-game are what determines victory do not like Hearthstone. Also, Hearthstone is extremely accessible and easy. People in the community often refer to it only half-jokingly as ā€œchildrenā€™s card game.ā€

Games like Artifact and Gwent I think are a direct response to Hearthstone. Theyā€™re trying to say "ok, you want a game where itā€™s about skill and not random zaniness and the game is hard? Ok, here is a boring, complicated, less random card game for you.

Some of Artifact I donā€™t quite understand. Mostly the trash creeps and how they choose to attack heroes. It seems random? Maybe itā€™s not but the game hasnā€™t explained it.

Judging Artifact having only seen 1 screenshot of it, I can say it looks like a boring game.

How can it be boring if you play three games at the same time in it?

Honestly, as a person who is too stupid to even play card game with one table, Iā€™m not even considering trying Artifact.

So basically my 1080 is a pile of garbage :sweat_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wy45bQe_XA

Iā€™m not even sure why but Iā€™m really looking forward for Smash Ultimate coming out this week, and Iā€™ve been quite hyped for a while. Sure I have fond memories of playing Melee and Brawl with friends back in the day, but I wouldnā€™t say there is anything special in the series for me. And now I just want my hands on that bundle of fan service. I guess Nintendo pr has succeeded on their job, at leas on my part.

1 Like

WELP

Thatā€™s a bit too late to the game, but Iā€™ll be interested to see what they bring to the table.

They buried the lede. CS:GO is also free now.

Eh, itā€™s been free since August or September, they just took the No Online restriction off. Possibly because someone at Valve realized ā€œHey, maybe we shouldnā€™t stop people from playing online multiplayer in the free version of this Online Multiplayer game because thatā€™s fucking stupid, and the ā€œwatch streams with it!ā€ idea was dumb because external streaming sites exist already.ā€

Itā€™s actually pretty good. Thereā€™s a variety of objectives. If it was scaled up to PUBG size, that would be awesome.