Very old "Thing of the Day"

Hello All!
A friend and I were reminiscing about episodes of old the other day, and I recalled a video that was chosen that I have since tried to find on the web, to no avail.

I’m hoping someone on the forums here has a better memory than I so that I’ll be able to find it. Here goes…

The video involved some amateur guitar player that posted of a video of himself (shot by his brother, I believe) at a rock concert where he implored the lead singer/guitarist of the band to come on stage and play guitar for one of the band’s songs. The singer obliged and the guy played through the song with the rest of the band flawlessly, including an amazing solo, much to the amazement of the crowd and the band.

I think they guy’s name began with a K, and as I remember he had several videos online of him covering popular songs on his guitar at home.

That’s all I’ve got. Can someone help me out? The TOTD was probably at least 5 years ago, and was on a gaming episode.

Thanks in advance. It’s a tall order, but I know someone of you love a challenge.

Wes

This has happened numerous times throughout history. There wasn’t just one incident. Many bands allow this. If you Google for “fan guitar on stage” you will see many videos. The band that allows it the most often seems to be Foo Fighters bringing people up to play Monkey Wrench. I remember when they let “Kiss Guy” do it. I also remember them letting someone else do it earlier this year.

1 Like

They also did it a bunch when Dave Grohl broke his leg, and was still touring with the giant guitar throne.

Both Steel Panther and Green Day did it too, both videos becoming viral at different points.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, but I had found those previously and it was none of those. It was a hair band. I remember the band member making a joke about the fan being careful with his guitar as it cost $120. The fan had an ethnic sounding name (beginning with a K).

Oops! I stand corrected. Steel Panther slipped by me. Petimort for the win! It was that one! Thank you!!

1 Like