Toxic Masculinity

I was going to put this into things of the day. But it’s a bit bigger than that, it’s an angle I’d never really considered and it makes quite a bit of sense. It’s also short by necessity of it being a bunch of strung together tweets.

https://storify.com/miniver/toxic-masculinity

Not really related but I hate when people try and put a blog post into tweets.

1 Like

I’ve gotten over it. Twitter culture has changed; people don’t follow links anymore.

2 Likes

It’s just like a treasure hunt on Twitter proper, which is why derpy sites like Storify exist. At the very least put that shit on Facebook or something.

Anyway, I’ll shut up now.

I guess this is the best venue:

I’ve heard this dumb phrase “virtue signalling” for some time now. Is this in any way different than accusing someone of being a “white knight”? It seems to me both are only used by reprehensible assholes who assume that anyone who behaves decently is just playing pretend trying to make themselves look better in the eyes of others, because those reprehensible assholes can’t comprehend that behaving like a decent human being is a good and natural thing. They themselves are incapable of decency so they think nobody else is either.

You withess someone acting virtuously. How can you possibly tell whether or not they are doing it for selfish or selfless reasons? You can’t see into their heart.

Absent any other information, any virtuous act should be praised. Who cares if someone is doing good things because they are selfish on the inside. They are making the world a better place. Just make sure you smack them down when they veer off course.

3 Likes

That’s a really good point. Faking it long enough and you accidentally become good. Ala Peter in Ender’s game.

I have never encountered someone who both describes other people as “virtue signaling” and isn’t a piece of shit.

5 Likes

Whats the deal with the rise and usage of the word ’cuck’. I see this thrown around a lot in Twitter. Mostly in flame arguments. Has this replaced the word of calling somebody a pussy or having no balls?

“Cuck” is preferred insult from channers and alt-right (the difference is negligible, I know). On the first layer it is very similar to calling someone a “pussy” Essentially they are saying that the person they are insulting is a weak person. Weak enough that they can’t control “their woman” and she is free to sleep around with other men, emasculating the insulting person. On the next layer it is also incredibly sexist in that way as it not only insults the person but essentially insinuates that women need to be dominated and cowed because they would sleep with anybody if they have the chance to. Naturally it is only used by people who have absolutely no regard for women.

3 Likes

I have never encountered someone who both conversationally uses the word “cuck” and isn’t a piece of shit.

8 Likes

I don’t really get “cuck”. Like I understand the the word itself and the layered insults it contains within. What I don’t get is how cuckold is a word that’s been around for ages and cuck is kinda a natural extension of it. Why on earth did it go from a non word in common parlance to everywhere among complete shitheads. Where did it come from?

Radicalized shitheads use words like these as in-group shibboleths.

Is there others that are in use right now that don’t have the level of visibility as cuck?

Definitely.

“Reach for my Browning”
“Red Pill”
14 words / 14w / the 14
“Neurotic”
Humming the first bars of the Host Wessel song (after the trumpets)
Emphasizing the “JU” in Judicial System (more common after the EO was delayed)
“Deus Vult!”
(((name of someone to be targeted for harassment)))
Using “females” instead of “women”
“Virtue Signaling”
“Alpha” or “Beta” to describe another man
“AMOG”
“AWALT”

2 Likes

“Reach for my Browning”
Only ever heard because you warned me about it.

“Red Pill”
Fuck them for taking this one. The matrix is a good movie.

14 words / 14w / the 14
Alright, one more thing to be on the look out for.

“Neurotic”
Eh, this one seems innocuous but the more I think about it the more sinister it seems.

Humming the first bars of the Host Wessel song (after the trumpets)
Time to look this up.

Emphasizing the “JU” in Judicial System (more common after the EO was delayed)
Ok that’s kinda… like almost comical. But fair enough.

“Deus Vult!”
Huh?

(((name of someone to be targeted for harassment)))
This one thankfully has mostly backfired where people do it to themselves and it denotes status.

Using “females” instead of “women”
Ok fuck this one, I do this. I also use males instead of men. (though in both cases I usually use the singular) I prefer clinical language. I use penis and vagina as well as opposed to cock and pussy. Do I really have to stop doing this one? I use it all the time just because I like precision in my language.

“Virtue Signaling”
First saw in this thread.

“Alpha” or “Beta” to describe another man
Yeah, I really hate this one. And it’s pervasive as all hell. Arguably more so than cuck.

“AMOG”
?

“AWALT”
?

1 Like

[quote=“Naoza, post:16, topic:400”]
Using “females” instead of "women"Ok fuck this one, I do this. I also use males instead of men. (though in both cases I usually use the singular) I prefer clinical language. I use penis and vagina as well as opposed to cock and pussy. Do I really have to stop doing this one? I use it all the time just because I like precision in my language.
[/quote]Unless you’re having specific discourse about gender vs sex in a feminist/LGBT/medical context, using “female” to refer to someone is something primarily MRA creeps do.

1 Like

Well that really sucks. Because apparently my precise language now has to go the way of the anime twitter avatar.

I mean I also used it in specific discourse about gender vs sex, but I also used it to refer to someone of the female gender without implying age.

I’ve found sometimes that using the word girl implies young, and using the term woman implies old. Both usually in reference to the age of the speaker. I didn’t like that so I liked female as it gave no hints to the age. Fuck nazis and MRAs ruining perfectly good things. Now I have to catch myself doing that and stop it.

Fuck this.

“alpha male of the group” and “All Women Are Like That” (usually from the same shitholes who use concepts like “hypergamous”, “Cock Carousel”, or “Alpha Fucks, Beta Bucks”).

I personally always found referring to women and girls of any age as “female” in general conversation to just sound off. It conjures the image and feeling of like, a farmer talking about livestock or a scientist talking about an animal, which is probably precisely why MRA types use it. But I have the same issue with the implication of age with ‘girl’ versus ‘woman.’ I use what my mom says, “gal” because she uses that for everyone over the age of sixteen or so and it does not have the implication of age, at least in my mind.