Things of Your Day

It appears that there is a new convention planner in town. https://tabletop.events

I feel like an important element is missing.

Soldier:
Staff an anime event

General:
Executive at an anime event

I’m like a 3.5, so National Guardsman I guess. I have some figures and I like cosplaying and I have a tasteful anime sticker on my truck.

How do people who do 10+ hours of content at conventions rank?

Why do I have a feeling this chart is going to be a Wednesday episode topic for making the Geeknights version.

I simultaneously feel on all those levels and none. There should be a tier for “loves anime but absolutely hates most anime/anime culture.” Maybe I’m just jaded af.

Twitter is finally banning the Nazis.

(Read the whole thread.)

I’ll believe it when I see it, frankly. They’ve burnt all their benefit of the doubt long ago.

Well, I did not know what Yarn bombing was before today (one of today’s lucky 10,000) but it’s amazing.

“Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarn storming, guerrilla knitting, kniffiti, urban knitting or graffiti knitting”

Why are so many names so militaristic? I’ve not heard “bombing” before, instead “urban knitting”. I guess “yarn” can also encompass crocheting, so it’s better that way, but why such violent imagery?

They’re just amazing.

I assumed the etymology for bombing is derived from the street art use of bombing which definitely would have been seeded with more of that militaristic, rebellious sort of terminology.