Things of Your Day

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNwq7HQHmXZ/?igshid=18e1kvrrhoysd

A file/directory-based text adventure:

1 Like

Why are you trying to hurt me?

@SkeleRym what did you do?!

4 Likes
4 Likes

There’s a followup, but the first round is better.

3 Likes

This thread is a goldmine.

2 Likes

There’s also the possibly apocryphal story you hear about every intake, about a group who were stuck doing mountain climbers, DI/DS is yelling at them, usual shit. Then, one guy, he just stops, throws his arms in the air, and starts to rest. DI comes over and goes “PRIVATE WHY DID YOU STOP DOING MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS?” and the guy goes “SIR I REACHED THE MOUNTAINTOP SIR!*”

*- If he says sir or Drill Sargent varies with the telling and the service it’s being told about.

Nothing about this particular video, which I am not going to watch and I don’t even know what it’s about because the title is completely non-descriptive.

But am I the only one who just really doesn’t like the Linus tech tips? The whole channel, but the main guy specifically, just give off this shouty YouTube vibe that makes want to send that whole channel into the sun. I haven’t personally witnessed any “that guy” behaviors from them. I have no specific thing to point at. I just get so annoyed at it for some reason. If he came up to me at a convention I would be like “OMG this annoying person. GTF away from me!”

1 Like

Echoing that it’s not a big thing, but it definitely rubbed me the wrong way when I saw it. For some video or another of his that I watched, he ended up at the house of someone who worked for him. I guess because #content he called out all the things that they’d ‘stolen’ from work. Just not a great vibe.

It’s a right to repair video, I am not a fan of LTT but more of the fan of supportibg Luis’ endeavor in getting that into law in the USA. Sorry for not putting that in the inital post, I don’t read titles on videos I know about.

Yeah, see I don’t even disagree with them. We absolutely need right to repair in law everywhere. The guy is just super annoying to me XD

1 Like

I’m annoyed by any video that starts with

“whatsup guys”

3 Likes

Scott can be Old Man Yells at Clouds guy all he wants, and have some valid (and shared) criticisms of the production style of LTT and others, but clearly that means about fuck all since at least 13 million people have subbed to that channel and videos regularly do about 1-2 mil views. Which is a shitty argument I know, but the guy has found a lane and is doing it well and by and large hasn’t been a bad influence or a “that guy”. And with his platform he’s at least from what I’ve seen, proactive to call out when companies pull some slick shit which is what he should be doing, hopefully.

Is the content shilly? Does it give them a bit of ego? Yeah. Is it bad content? Well, not really.

I will sometimes watch an LTT review of a part if I’m trying to figure out which part to get, as part of the standard rotation of such tech-tuber channels I’ll source from. But I agree that LTT is consistently the most hyped out with perhaps no new substance that others don’t already provide. That said I definitely appreciate how he’s grown into what they are, and that for many, that style of production and the lifestyle they’ve cultivated around the brand is engaging.

2 Likes

Neither the thumbnail nor the title mention what the video is about. That’s clickbait.

Which as a rule I avoid.

1 Like

This whole twitter account.

1 Like

Yup. I know I’ve shared a few tweets from that account in this thread in the past. I think one became a Rym thing of the day on the podcast.

2 Likes