Things of Your Day

Welp, guess it’s time to send GRRM to jail.

Not quite. He didn’t say if it isn’t out by July 29, 2020, people could throw him in prison. He said that if he showed up at WorldCon - which was meant to start 29 July 2020 - without the book finished, his fans could imprison him. WorldCon, obviously, isn’t on, and even if it were, due to Rona, GRRM isn’t there.

In other words, he’s scored himself more time to work on Winds of winter on a technicality.

4 Likes

GRRM creates global pandemic to get out of writing.

7 Likes

Makes more sense than any other of the COVID conspiracy theories.

Number of deaths. Mad, self-centered incompetence. Ignoring major issues because of petty grievances.

Okay, who the fuck hired him to be head writer for 2020?

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think there’s many professional writers who haven’t dreamed of it on occasion.

I assume other people already know about this, but I just read about it today. This is completely bonkers:

“Saudi Arabia is building a futuristic mega-city 33 times the size of New York City from scratch.”

The crazy part is mostly the from Scratch part combined with the location, NYC is honestly pretty compact - my completely normal city is already about 20 times the size of NYC. Another 13 NYCs on top is pretty large, but hardly unimaginable.

1 Like

This feels a lot like a scam. There have been a lot of massive construction/terraforming projects in that region that ended up petering out over the decades.

1 Like

19 posts were split to a new topic: The Lincoln Project

Can a mod please move these posts to another thread? I worry that things may heat up in here.
EDIT: Thank you.

3 Likes

Alright, let’s get back on topic.

3 Likes

Jim Henson’s early work: Wilkins Coffee advertisements.
Slapstick violence abounds.

Ms. Ginsburg does some good celling.

Looking for something else, I stumbled across this absolutely fascinating article about the use of fonts in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

1 Like