Things of Your Day

Fly boiiii

1 Like

High Noon Drifter is a full weapon revamp for DOOM with a cowboy twist. I’ve played my way through Ultimate and started a run of DOOM II with it and honestly, I think I might like it more than the default weapon set. There are so many perfect little tweaks that at first feel like a giant upgrade, but the more you play it feels supremely balanced. The starter pistol is replaced with a surprisingly powerful revolver that unloads as fast as you can click and has perfect aim. It doesn’t use ammo but you’ll quickly notice that is because the SMG that replaces the gattling gun chews through bullets faster than me through a meal at Buca di Beppo. The Super Shotgun is even more super, you can now double load it for a thunderous blast that knocks you back, but the reload time is even longer. To compensate the single barrel shotgun has been souped up with a much tighter spread and satisfying bang so there is a legitimate choice to use it for smaller enemies and whip out the SS for the big baddies. Speaking of whip, your melee is replaced with a whip that can be swung at any time and reflects projectiles. Weapon swap speed is also vastly increased to make juggling priorities and your arsenal much better, which is also necessary as you now need to manually reload. You toss grenades instead of firing rockets, their bounce means you are far less likely to accidentally kill yourself firing into walls but still requires care when surrounded by enemies. The plasma rifle is now a ruby tipped staff that shoots a gout of flame which pierces enemies, but also clogs the screen. Finally, the BFG is replaced with a cursed skull that lets you lob explosive fireballs and transform into a demon, which is so much more fun to use than the stale BFG attacks. There’s also lots of neat little touches, like sliding and tossing your hat. Highly recommend it.

PS I have been playing a lot of GZDOOM and wads, I’d be happy to review and recommend some if anybody is interested.

For those of you in NYC

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m sure a lot of people here have a relationship to skateboard like myself: Playing Tony Hawk and Skate back in the day. The skater who always impressed me most is Rodney Mullen, who has invented tons of tricks and just is extremely creative in his skating style.

About a week ago I randomly clicked on a Tony Hawk video in youtube, and since then my recommendations have occasionally featured various skateboarding videos. I seldom click on recommendations, but when I saw a video entitled “The Impossible tricks of Rodney Mullen” I was a bit interested. Turns out this is a swiss professional skateboarder named Jonny Giger who has some considerable flat-ground skills himself and tries to re-create the crazy stuff Mullen did.

What I really appreciate is how much effort he puts in there. Like here were he does 200+ attempts to land a single, really hard trick.

1 Like

Kitboga’s one of the better scam baiters, but nothing I’ve seen, even from him, really surpasses the time he pretended to be a scammer and a scammee at the same to to mess with a real scammer.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Those still make so much sense

To quote on of the greatest works of our era, relevant to this.

“Please pick world 4. Please pick world 4.”

Here’s the shop. (Click the picture.)

Having lived in Fukushima from 2004-2007, I really appreciated this video to see what’s happening in and around the Exclusionary Zone now:

So I found this guy Andy Anderson after seeing him in one of Braille Team’s videos (who I in turned found through Jonny Giger who I posted above). He looks kind of weird, but boy is he talented and I love that he doesn’t restrict himself to one style. He just does everything.

The thing that this video doesn’t show is the kind of grasp he has on skateboarding itself and the way he is able to explain it to others. For that check out his videos with Braile on skating Venice Park and just randomly explains how to skate vert more effectively, or here in which he explains how and why he designed the shape (yes, the literal shape) of his signature board.

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like