The New Forum beta test - complaints and suggestions

Send this bug report to https://meta.discourse.org/

Done.

Test [spoiler]foo[/spoiler] bar. Definitely doesn’t work in the preview. Edit: Or in the actual post.

Apparently it’s an addon. GitHub - discourse/discourse-spoiler-alert: A plugin for discourse to hide spoilers behind the spoiler-alert jQuery plugin

2 Likes

(checks RobotMitchell’s avatar)

We can have animated avatars now? Was this always a thing?

1 Like

Coldguy’s recent attempt to embed a comic in TotD wound up squishing it down.

I can understand it scaling down an image if it’s too large, but this is just weird.

Looks like a bug that should be reported.

In other news, I think spoiler tags just don’t work.

test

does this work?

You’re doing it wrong.

[details=Summary]
They work just fine.[/details]

seems

so

I’ve noticed something in Discourse. On my iPhone, if I click on a thread, and then swipe back to the forum front page, the homepage takes 3-4 seconds to load. White screen until everything comes in at once.

Tapping the GN logo to navigate directly to the homepage loads much faster, maybe 1 second. Curiously, clicking the back button also loads quickly. I observe the same behavior in other Discourses. I do not on any other site I’ve noticed, back is usually pretty much instantaneous.

I noticed it after upgrading to iOS 11, but am not positive it didn’t start before then.

Any idea what might be causing that? Should I report to Discourse?

Noticing the same delay with Safari on iPad on iOS 11.

I will try on my iPad later.

Emojis don’t always work even if they do in the preview. Literally unplayable.

I confirmed it is because you need to make sure they are surrounded by whitespace :hot_pepper:

I learned this annoyingly in the emjoi thread, sometimes called by it’s less accurate name Change a Letter

1 Like

Only preceding I think
no space befoređŸŒ¶ no space after
no space befoređŸŒ¶ space after
space before :hot_pepper: no space after
space before :hot_pepper: space after

And it looks like the preview glitches when you use unicode rather than :text:
EDIT: nevermind tht’s not what I expected. All of those are supposed to be the unicode pepper (U+1F336).

Is there a way the forum software can NOT bump a thread after a post has been deleted?

“Oh hey, there’s a new post!” (clicks thread) “This post has been deleted.” “D’awww
”

Is there a way to change your username or am I gonna have to make a new account when I transition?

Whoa, just saw this in a thread:

Didn’t realize that was a feature.

Maybe it’s new? Just upgraded to 1.9.0 beta 16.