The New Forum beta test - complaints and suggestions

Yeah, you’re right. I think there is a bug still, though. If I hit the bottom of the page scrolling, my ios keyboard pops up, even if the reply box doesn’t have focus.

I’d say continuing a joke is meaningful.

Just saying “butts” didn’t make the cut.

Does the setting really need to be changed? Sure, it would be more convenient, but typing in “/twentycharacters,” or some other random nonsense, to meet the minimum length requirement isn’t that much of a barrier.

You can say something like:

Yes, that is the reason the chicken crossed the road.

or

No, do not buy that thing which is not good.

It’s more helpful and explicit this way.

1 Like

Agree. /twentycharacters

2 Likes

Tested on Linux, Windows, Chrome OS and Android, can’t reproduce your error.

That’s a bug with iOS Explorer, can’t you just use a competent browser like Chrome or Firefox on it?
Maybe you can log a bug on the iOS Explorer Github page.

When I Reply to someone in a thread, while I’m composing my reply there’s a label above the textarea saying Reply To Xyz but it’s not always the case that the response shows up with the reply arrow. I haven’t figured out quite how to reproduce it. Possibly if I abandon or restart a reply?

1 Like

Do the podcast episodes still carry a link to it’s thread in the forum?

I’m going to fix that as much as I can when I get to working on the web site. As of now, some work some don’t.

1 Like

Try these 20+ character alternatives to “yes” that will spice things up!

Sign me up, I am down with the clown! (I do not endorse or encourage actually being down with the clown.)

Affirmative gold leader. Moving s-foils to attack position.

Oui oui, passez le fromage s’il vous plaît

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

All these can be yours for the incredibly low price of $0.00!

Order now and we’ll throw in twice as many affirmative sentences. That’s right, we’ll double the number of sentences for the same ridiculously low price of $0! Call now. Shipping and handling fees may apply.

3 Likes

How did you do that?

Looks like a bunch of nested div tags. Renders the same in the browser.

<div><div>20</div></div>

becomes

1 Like
Yeah

These are the types of things I wish people would do instead of saying stupid shit like “want” was a reply to something.

Excellent.

You can click on Likes and see who liked the post.

3 Likes

It is well known that everybody jumps to the Juggalo sound. Fuck outta here if you ain’t down with the clown.

2 Likes

Attention everyone. Whenever you get denied for a post that is too short write this instead:

The following post got denied for being too short:

insert too-short post here

Then I can judge whether I like that those posts were denied or not.