The New Forum beta test - complaints and suggestions

I get green locks in Chrome and also Firefox. Make sure your browsers are all up to date and that your computer/DNS isn’t compromised.

It showed as insecure yesterday but secure today for me. Same computer and network, so may have been a temporary issue?

pretty much same here. I see a “some images are insecure” then one refresh later everything’s k

I bet I know what’s going on. Images get hotlinked with http, triggering the mixed content warning. When the forum bot rewrites them to the discourse s3 bucket they’re turned into https, mixed content warning goes away.

3 Likes

This is it. So smart.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if there’s data or analytics or whatever on what topics have the most people “watching,” “tracking,” “normal,” and “muted,” and whether that information was available to the forum administrators.

Obviously, when I personally log onto the forums, my custom preferences are loaded, so if I’ve decided to “mute” Topic X, that topic stays muted and I don’t see notifications when new messages are posted there. I was just curious if that information is available to other people, and if so, what the most popular or “tracking” forum topics were and what the least or “muted” topics were.

I’m sure it is possible to get those stats in the database, but they are not exposed in the UI. Here are the stats I can see.

Interesting, thanks.

I was just curious how many people are “tracking” various posts and how many people have “muted” others. It was just idle curiosity mostly.

I am in the market for forum software is there one that does not suck now or are we still searching?

This one isn’t perfect, but I haven’t found a better one.

I discovered a forum written in assembly.

It is fast.

2 Likes

Bah, I do all my web development by typing 1s and 0s. :stuck_out_tongue:

That was doable until they got 64 bit processors. Now it’s just too much typing, so I do it in hex.

3 Likes

Avatars are resetting for some accounts (Churba and Luke I’ve noticed so far) on Chrome for Windows 10. Anyone else having this issue? Not having the same issue on Chrome on my phone.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing earlier today. I’ve seen luke and No_fun_girl without avatars, and just noticed that mine had vanished for me from my topbar, but not from my posts. But since Greg can’t see my topbar, I guess I can also assume my avi is gone from my posts for other people.

1 Like

I was wondering why a bunch of avatars strangely vanished a few days ago.

It doesn’t appear to be a browser issue. I’m trying the site on three different browsers and they all have the same result (although I am using Windows 10). Is it happening on laptops or other OSes?

For me it had switched from Gravatar to Default, If you’re using Gravatar, go check your account settings.

1 Like

Same on Linux. /15 chars

Seems to have worked for me.