Steven Universe

It worked for South Park.

Steven Universe will have a panel at Comic-Con, and it will have the worldwide debut of the movie trailer on July 19.

1 Like

EDIT: Trailer.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s honestly fucking crazy, considering that it’s got to be one of the most anticipated things o their schedule, so it’'d command premium ad rates.

1 Like

Your reminder that the movie premieres tonight at 6PM.

1 Like

Oh god. My girlfriend is coming over tonight. She hasn’t seen the show and my brother is gonna wanna watch the movie.
FECK

2 Likes

Welp.

I’m still in the post-watching afterglow where all I can think about was how awesome it was. I think I’ll need a few days to decompress what I think.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I thought the movie wrapped up things well enough. Here’s hoping it doesn’t take the last season several month breaks between episodes.

So, upon hearing this news I kinda wish instead of some epilogue season (though I’m hype for it) they would have given us more episodes with which to wrap up the main proper arc.

I mean I was mostly happy with what we got, but it did feel like a rush to the end and I feel it was mostly outside pressure from CN or something, not so much the internal team draining the collective fuckery of stores.

They spent years and fucking years building up to what was essentially resolved in a few short episodes, when there was so so much more. There was some review really harsh of the ending, which I kindof sympathize with, but I still really liked what we got overall; but it did feel like the abridged version of events.

And now we get an epilogue season?

Did the studio just feel the whole main plot was dragging on and they wanted to just get it over with so they could do the movie and move to brand new ideas, to get kids interested in the show again? Or was there so much support for the movie that they agreed to do some more SU afterall? Or, because I am so far distant from the fandom that I better recall goddamn Halo.Bungie.Org, is it some kind of internal turmoil where a lot of the original crew was removed and so they took the assets and talent that were put into the movie and decided to wring the towel of some of those juices before throwing it in the ring?

I mean again, still pretty hype. (Even though the song is nowhere near as good, but still hype.)

That’s much sooner than I expected.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s this week’s CN schedule.

-A special sing-a-long edition of The Movie airs this Friday at 5:30 with an encore on Saturday, same time.
-Two new episodes of Future air Friday at 7PM.
-A marathon of all 12 episodes of Future (so far) this Sunday at 5PM.

2 Likes

The end cometh.
The final 4 episodes air tonight at 7PM.

The entirety of season 6 (movie included) air in a big marathon today at 1:30PM, if you’re interested in catching up.