Star Wars: The Disney Era

I’m enjoying The Mandalorian, season 2. TV’s Frank puts it into words for me:

3 Likes

Also digging it & agree. Mando feels most like original trilogy plus EU but without the craziness. Just enough references to feel tied in, but not slavish fan service.

2 Likes
4 Likes

In retrospect, really, he was doing the best he could with what he had, and didn’t do a BAD job. Few rough bits, but it was a pretty decent shot by the end.

1 Like

Hayden isn’t a bad actor. He was just saddled with bad directing and a bad script.

He was also a relatively inexperienced actor at that point - IIRC, up to that point, he’d only done some bit parts on young adult shows, and a drama series that lasted a season before it was canned. You can see the dramatic improvement(hah) between 2 and 3, because in between the two films, he was also in another two films, plus theatre productions, and he grew a lot as an actor in that time and with that experience under his belt.

2 Likes

Existential Troopers are back! (See quoted post for part 1.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoU_7Xg3Zzw

3 Likes
2 Likes

To the surprise of absolutely no one who was paying attention, Disney is making an Ahsoka Tano TV series:

" One thing we do know is that the show is going to be set immediately after the events of Star Wars: Rebels , which means that it should all be before Ahsoka’s meeting with Din Djarin and Grogu. On top of that, this unknown period in Ahsoka’s life could serve as a great setting for us to learn more about the history of the Jedi order."

Additionally, Polygon buried the lede about another Star Wars TV series:

The show will connect to another new Star Wars show, Rangers of the New Republic . According to Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy, the two series will crossover into a climactic event.

1 Like

So, here’s a followup to the Hayden Christensen posts from a couple of weeks ago:

And here’s the mega-announcement from Disney’s Investor Day:

https://twitter.com/RiseFallNick/status/1337178359776882689

2 Likes

Rogue Squadron would be right up my alley, hopefully it’s Poe vs wedge X-wing fights for 3 hours.

3 Likes

Wedge would smoke Poe in about 15 seconds.

I would love a Rogue/Wraith Squadron TV series. That’s one of the things that I miss most about the post-Disney erasure of the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Those books were awesome and a TV series based on them, or like Top Gun, would be amazing!

Well, it turns out Rogue Squadron is a movie, not a TV series, which is disappointing. But it’s going to be directed by Patty Jenkins, which is exciting!

That being said, Disney/Star Wars doesn’t have the best track record of keeping directors, so who knows if she’ll actually end up directing the movie.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Columbo in the Star Wars Universe

O SHIT

2 Likes
2 Likes

New trailer for Star Wars Visions. Looks awesome!

2 Likes