Star Wars: The Disney Era

Yep. Everything officially produced by Lucasfilm or studios contracted by them, is still canon. All the officially made films, TV shows(except the holiday special). the reference books(As in, the cut-aways books and such), and then all of the books, tv, comics, and whatever(with a handful of exceptions) realeased after the novel “A New Dawn.”

Or turning him evil. I swear, he went between the light and the dark side so many times, he was less Jedi Knight than Strobe Light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heOMLDm4dGw

2 Likes

Looks fun to me!!

1 Like

Eh.

/15 characters

The rpg podcast System Mastery recently branched out into Expounded Universe, where they read and discuss EU books one chapter at a time. It’s all dumb bullshit, and Leia is space racist. I don’t care about Star Wars, but I listen to it because the hosts make it hilarious.

It comes out next month‽ I was expecting to wait until Christmas again.

I think the Christmas release date is only for the “main” or “numbered” Star Wars movies. Side stories, like Rogue One and Solo, can be released at any time, but usually leading up to the summer.

You mean, the rulebooks? Because if they’re talking about the whole EU one chapter at a time they’re gonna have a lot of fuckin’ work coming.

Also, RE: Solo trailer, I can’t wait for the inevitable remixes where they strip the music and replace it with “I’m Han Solo” from that star wars dancing game.

Two months ago!

But it’s not a remix of the freshly released trailers, now, is it? That’s why I called them inevitable. It’s already been done, so someone will rush to take the easy joke and do it again.

The novels. Sometimes it’s a chapter, sometimes a couple chapters—usually about a dozen episodes per book. They’re not in a hurry. They just concluded the one with the golden meatball.

I might listen to that, then. Or at least, just those episodes, rather than the whole show.

Watched it just now, it looks like it’s going to be exactly the kind of movie that would star Han Solo. Also, even just from the few lines in the trailer it looks like Donald Glover is going to fucking NAIL playing Lando.

Or the inevitable memes

1 Like

The photoshopped in heads just make it look like we’re both checking out Alden Ehrenreich. And, I mean, fair enough, I’m down. I like his hair.

2 Likes

Train Job, a Star Wars Story. I’m excited.

My interest for this movie would probably double if it wasn’t about Young Han Solo. I wish it could have just been Generic Guy instead of an origin story.

I want a K-2SO origin story.

This pretty much explain why I’m not really excited about this movie:

“The trailer does nothing to teach us new things about the character or where he came from. It’s not interested in bringing in any new insight to the character, or showing anything we already knew in a different list. It’s about reinforcing things we already understood, and then saying that it remembers them too. It’s a safe strategy for a series like Star Wars, but that reliance on repeating things to an audience that has repeating them to each for the past few decades is likely part of the reason the enthusiasm for this film seems so low.”

I hear Chewie gets a moon dropped on him :-p