Show Ideas and Reminders

I keep reading comics and Rym keeps watching anime. We just do not align, which makes Wednesday episodes difficult.

Most recently I read volume 1 of Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji. I think I’ll be able to get Rym to read that.

Well if you want to do a show occasionally on a comic he hasn’t read I’m available and have a decent mic :-p

1 Like

Have you read Black Hammer?

2 Likes

"Cleaning"and “Getting rid of stuff” naturally leads into another boring topic… “Storage containers and storage units”!

2 Likes

I have! I’d have to read it again though it’s been a few years.

1 Like

I just got the newest trade.

I finished Carole & Tuesday. That show is great.

2 Likes

I suggest William Gibson’s 2014 novel The Peripheral for the next book club.

I don’t want to say too much about what exactly it’s about, but it’s very Gibson. In my opinion, it’s one of those books where the less you know about it the better, which might not be your view but I think it’s a good default for this one.

In particular, there is a particular noun that is invoked and eventually explained that I suspect will become the next “full web”.

It also recently has a sequel, which I haven’t gotten to just yet, but I did reread The Peripheral in anticipation.

1 Like

I think Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler has, somehow and sadly, became even more relevant of a book to read.

Have Pete on to talk about the government’s response to Covid-19

3 Likes

Tuesday show idea: roundup of computer versions of board games. especially are there any online versions that are particularly good or bad? limit to games you have reviewed already so you are just discussing the online multiplayer aspect.

Cuomo good Trump bad Fauci genius wash your hands stay inside

6 feet stay away never work another day

(EDIT: Cuomo good in this one specific instance, otherwise fuck Andy Cuomo)

4 Likes

But in all seriousness if you want to know stuff just tag me in a post and I’ll respond when I see it! I prefer text-based communication to voice because 1) it’s asynchronous, 2) I process my thoughts better through a keyboard and text because I’m a visual learner, 3) I can proofread to sound smarter, and 4) I can drop links to handy facts so you can have the information right there.

3 Likes

You should definitely livestream a SOR4 play-through together when it drops next week.

2 Likes

Stream Jackbox games, let’s get 100+ players going.

1 Like

most Jackbox games have an upper limit of 8 players, but anyone else can watch in the audience.

Don’t these games also have an audience participation component?

Some do, some don’t, at most its usually the audience can act as a collective player in the later rounds or just vote which answers they liked best for kudos. Its entirely dependent on which jackbox minigame you are playing and what collection as to what level of audience participation is involved.

Systemd.

FIFTEEN INIT DAEMONS

1 Like

You can thank CGP Grey for this book club recommendation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YFeE1eDlD0

This semi-poetic video is an excerpt from The Invisible Hook: The Hidden Economics of Pirates.

2 Likes