Show Ideas and Reminders

It does make money, it just only makes money at a small scale. Let’s say you buy a LEGO millennium falcon at retail and wait many years. They no longer make it. There are definitely people that want it, but can’t get it. You can sell it at a high price, because they will bid each other up. If you save two, you can still probably sell them both. If you save 50, you won’t find 50 buyers. You also won’t be able to jack up the price on the ones you do sell because the buyers won’t need to bid each other up.

Wasn’t there a thing about Lego being used for money laundering?

Beastars review

100% Beastars review.

We’re going to watch it legit on Netflix though, so you’ll have to wait.

1 Like

Children of Blood and Bone would be good to consider for a book club. It has the similar vibe to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which I could see being enticing for Rym.

1 Like

Would you recommend it? It’s been on my watch list but I haven’t heard anything that’s convinced me to bite the bullet.

Can’t be remotely objective here since it is exactly in my wheelhouse but will say that if you like the type of magic system in Avatar: The Last Airbender, along with some of the politics from The Legend of Korra, and mythologies that are far from overplayed, like West African instead of Greek, then it might be something you should check out.

I loved it and feel it was well written but admit that it is too much what I want to know if that’s legitimate or me overlooking flaws because of how much I like it.

Do a book club on either Noam Chomsky’s “Manufacturing Consent” or Michael Parent’s “Inventing Reality”.

1 Like

Managing communities.

4 Likes

A book club on “The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism” by Naomi Klein. As a heads up everyone should check content warnings before reading: it gets very brutal very fast.

Lots of people have mentioned how good John Harper’s Blades in the Dark is. Has it set off the alarm to warrant geeknights reading it or seeking out a game?

We played it at South.

1 Like

Maybe an episode where Rym tries to decide if Scott was born Old Man Scott or has progressively gotten there.

Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra review

Scott hasn’t seen either…

Rymily Review

6 Likes

15 characters of da fuk

1 Like

Those shows are too old at this point to be worth a Geeknights review. A roundtable with friends of the show might make for an entertaining episode though.

1 Like

Shows and book series that conclude properly. There are so many shows that have bullshit endings that detract from the whole experience, what properties fulfill their promises?

1 Like

I’d be up for some Graphic Novel reviews if you want additional content, like in addition to a book club have a Graphic Novel club. + side we’d get thru the books quicker.

SINCE IT SEEMS LIKE WE WILL NEVER REVIEW GIVE US THE BALLOT for a second political Geeknight book :-p

3 Likes