Shit Talk of Your Day

What podcast player are you using? The one I use lets you do a 30 second skip simply by swiping one finger across the screen. I don’t even need to look at – just need to put my phone in the cupholder or something (though I happen to have a suction cup mount so I can also use the GPS).

Churba, again you show yourself as one of the better voices of reason on this forum…

Well, that’s terrifying.

4 Likes

You know, I suppose that is.

An AMV set to Uptown Funk, titled Uptown Grunk, featuring Grunkle Stan from Gravity Falls.

Multiplayer Advance Wars online. Use an emulator to stream to twitch. Game gets inputs a la Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Also would work for anything you could stream, though being turn-based probably would help a lot.

Mixer might be better for that. I was talking to @Coldguy about it at Mag, and I guess it allows for pretty easy audience interactions?

1 Like

Never heard of it before.

It’s Microsoft’s attempt at Twitch.

That explains it.

Here’s my idea for an April fools day video this year: pretend to invent a lightbulb that only illuminates in black and white.

Easily done with camera trickery, impossible to do in real life, but plausible because of miracles like enchroma glasses etc.

You could probably get pretty close in real life with a sodium bulb. Sodium-based light is extremely monochromatic, despite having an orange tint to it.

Really? They should use that for themed Noir nights in night clubs.

The only reason why I don’t think they do is probably because of the orange tint they have.

A graphviz decompiler. Takes a graph image, does some computer visions and spits out a .gz file.

1 Like

I am tempted to make a cover of this with modern gaming that ends with “for the love of god please unionize”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCtlK8BiCvQ

feeling fed up with media in general. I’ve got a Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime account and literally none of the shit I want to watch is available on these services. Have basically given up on Steam, my “discover” lists have been full of shovelware. I feel like I’m gonna turn into one of those romantic dandies from the 50s holed up in a library since books are the only shit were I can find remotely interesting works anymore.

You need to subscribe to the Scott streaming service strategy. Only subscribe to services where you are actively watching stuff. If you’re not watching anything on the service, cancel it. Then resubscribe later if they have something you need to see. I’ve saved a lot of money with this plan. You don’t want to end up with the gym membership situation where you are paying a monthly fee, that adds up to big money, and never use it.

it’s not like I don’t use the services, There’s a lot of TV shows I watch casually while doing other stuff. I’m just shocked how many classic moves aren’t available “for free”

As a side note, rewatching 8 Legged Freaks for the hundredth time and completely forgot an 18-year old Scarlet Johansson plays the daughter, it’s refreshing seeing her before she became perpetually mopey

One of the services I DO subscribe to, and probably use more than all the others is…

1 Like

huh, never heard of that one, thanks for the recommendation. Been considering getting a Shudder subscription since it’s mostly horror movies I’m interested in