Random Questions

Why is Sailor Moon specifically so common on album art on Bandcamp electronic music?

1 Like

Cus itā€™s got the boom anime babes that make make me think the wrong thing?

My guess is the Electronic ā†’ Cyberpunk ā†’ Japan ā†’ Anime chain.

3 Likes

No, I get why thereā€™s so many anime girls, but Sailor Moon is waaaay more common than any others.

I mean, Iā€™m not anime girls expert, but Iā€™m reasonably sure Sailor Moon either one of the biggest or even maybe the biggest anime girl in all of anime girldom. Hatsune Miku, maybe is on the level?

I think itā€™s because the original Sailor Moon so clearly invokes a certain period of time in peopleā€™s minds, and yet is instantly recognizable for who she is, where you might not know who Akane Tendo is if you didnā€™t watch Ranma

1 Like

This is probably it, pretty-much everyone can recognize dem Sailors and their Moons, and even someone like me whoā€™s never actually watched much of any of it, has a pretty good awareness of it and that time.

But, thereā€™s also an aesthetic to it that means people do use them over, say, Thundercats.

To the Aussies in here, are one of you a geologist? Got a linked in request from one in AUS and I swear none of you did that as a livingā€¦

Iā€™m not, Cheese isnā€™t, sk0pe isnā€™t, but Iā€™m pretty sure one of the old forum AU crew is. Iā€™ll see if I can get a hold of him.

Can you settle an argument Gimli and I have been having for months now. Is it ok to sleep in a bra or not? I was always told that its not so good as the body needs to breath. She counters with that it helps for support. Is there a right or wrong answer or is this a personal preference thing?

Looking over everything I could find, it seems like itā€™s just a preference thing. Definitely more support while itā€™s on, which might be more comfortable for some people with larger breasts, though it wonā€™t prevent sagging or any other long-term changes. There are some mild risks to wearing one in the summer months, but only of a bit of chafing, maybe a mild rash at worst, and none of the current research indicates any evidence for any of the rumored side-effects like breast cancer or any of that.

The only consistent recommendations were to try and go for cotton or a similar breathable fabric for the sake of comfort, to maybe avoid underwire because it can be uncomfortable if you roll over on it wrong but really thatā€™s up to the person, and as always, wear a properly fitting bra.

Of course, Iā€™m just relating information from other people so thereā€™s some interpretation on my part there. Also, I donā€™t wear a bra when Iā€™m sleeping and only rarely these days when Iā€™m not, and of course, Iā€™m a dude who does not and has never at any point had boobs, so take all advice on that front with a grain of salt. Except for the part about wearing a comfortable and properly fitting bra, you can take that as fucking gospel.

1 Like

Thought it would boil down to that really. In the end I donā€™t have boobs so what do I know about them.

Letā€™s say an artist was screwed over by a record label in the 70s and 80s and lost control over their recordings from those years. Those albums are still commercially available, but the artist doesnā€™t get any money if you buy them now. Is there a moral difference between buying the albums from the label that screwed the artist over and pirating the albums?

I donā€™t think there is fwiw. Unless there is such a time that the artist and the label make good and they get back pay for all that time. Then and only then would it be morally different. Full disclosure, I have little respect for the work record labels do.

Perfect Viewer for Android works well.

Ah - yeah. Linkely my fault.
I updated some details on that site a day or so ago, yet forgot that Linkedin spreads its insidious tendrils across all of your contacts if you are not careful. I apologies for any internet transmitted diseasesā€¦

2 Likes

Is there anyone on the forum who would be willing to beta-read a novel? Iā€™m working on something, itā€™s easier to put forward the energy to write when I know thereā€™s going to be someone looking at what Iā€™m doing, providing feedback and engagement.

My current novel is a soft-sci-fi set in the middle future with giant robots and nanotech.

Is it considered gauche to bail on a job you had for three weeks if you get a better offer from somewhere else? I was still poking around a bit for jobs since this gig is temporary and I got a bite I wasnā€™t expecting that might be much much better. I just donā€™t want to have an employer be like, ā€œYeah that guy just flaked on us,ā€ if someone calls for an employment check or something further ahead in my career.

I am more than happy to give it a read through if you want. Not sure what time frame you want for feed back but Iā€™m happy to help out. Need to get some more experience in that area.

Depends on the turnover rate. in my experience at least. In manufacturing short tenures are not rare. At my old job many people left after short amounts of time. The shortest tenure that I witnessed personally was three weeks! Some temporary workers lasted even less time. A company like that will not give a reference of any value anyway. For a temporary job I would also expect short tenures (due to either party deciding to end the contract/quit) to be honest.

if itā€™s temp. Bail every time something not temp comes along. Unashamedly.

1 Like