Random Questions

How the FUCK do I explain to my conservative friends in a concise way they’ll understand/accept that Nazis are nothing like modern Democrats?

It’s likely impossible. If an adult with an internet connection doesn’t know simple things about history it’s because they don’t want to know or accept the truth. They already believe in an ideology that boils down to “the best reason I have for doing things today is that I did them yesterday”.

You probably can’t. If they believe that, they’re already in some dangerous circles…

They have openly posted on Facebook about how they are/will be waiting for the government to come for their guns (despite all historical evidence pointing to IF [and that’s a big if] the government ever banned guns it’d be directed at ethnic and religious minorities) and REALLY likes our conservative christian governor who thought the best way to counter the opioid epidemic in our state was to paint rocks.

Yeah… I really hate to tell you this, and I don’t know them personally… But I would suggest considering cutting them off.

Hah. Sorry, I doubt you’ll make any difference. People like that have bought into some crazy propaganda that the left will literally take away their guns or something else that maybe some want, but won’t actually happen. A fascist right is much more likely to actually come for your guns once they feel solidly in control.

I just remembered there is a new kid on the block for this loudr.com it is smaller than bandcamp but it is a big pay as you want platform.

It’s time to burn some bridges my dude.

These are probably the same people who think the Nazis were a left-wing ideology. Sad to say but, like others have said, you may need to cut them off.

They’ve gone behind “conservative” into full on “right-wing wacko” mode at this point.

Just out of curiosity, was Google not working for anyone else for a while this morning? It seems to be working fine now, but for a while there, I kept getting security alerts or something.

Maformed SSL handshakes? I’ve been getting them on and off for the past day or so, yeah.

1 Like

Anyone know if that ToTD rss feed is still working and if so where is it?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/GNTotD

This information is available on our web site

http://frontrowcrew.com/about/subscribe/

I’m very used to forgetting about ordering stuff until it arrives in the mail. However I am 100% sure I did not order this. It has to be a gift. Jeremy swears he did not buy this. I’m 100% stumped.

But this is from Barbara Robertson Pottery and I’ve never heard of her until today. Rustic pottery & gifts by Barbarah & Bruce by BRobertsonPottery

If anyone knows anything, please let me know. If not, it will bother me FOREVER.

I don’t know if this is what that is, but someone did ask me for your address recently. They gave me no info beyond that. They are obviously an FRC person and I didn’t give your address out to some rando stranger.

2 Likes

The mystery has been solved. It was from awesome people for me being an awesome person. I feel loved and appreciated. :smiley:

What is funny, literally minutes after I posted on various internets, I get an IM “Did you get a package today?”

And found the perfect use for it:

2 Likes

So if we took all the fish, boats and stuff like that of the ocean would its level go down at all?

1 Like

If you remove all the things listed on the Wikipedia biomass table larger than plankton using largest the estimates, using an ocean surface area of 510 million square kilometers, assuming all living things are made entirely out of water, the ocean will go down 743.14118 nm. Although I possibly messed up my decimal place somewhere.

I imagine boats probably matter even less.

3 Likes

Fermi calculations are the best calculations.

1 Like

But how much gelatin would be needed to turn the entire ocean into Jello? And what flavor would each ocean and sea be?