Random Questions

Your question reminds me of the very, very ugly reaction to a trans female MMA fighter named Fallon Fox. Fair warning, there is extreme transphobia in there. People said disgusting stuff.

Is Geeknights Con still going to happen? Iā€™m listening to the old Civ VI episode because Iā€™ve been playing it a bunch and Rym gives a estimate of it happening last month.

Iā€™m working on some pieces of it, but I havenā€™t kicked off the big work yet. Iā€™ve been too busy.

It is going to happen. The first one may just be pretty small in scope.

The thing I was estimating happening was a fake ā€œversion 0ā€ where we literally just had a meetup and played games with minimal structure or even the corp set up :wink:

Open Question, would anyone be interested in going to a board game convention in Vancouver in early October? I mentioned this to a few of you in person and if you are interested can get advance tickets for it soon.

Yes /15characters

When making a pvp montage is it better to select the music or the clips first?

Music. Otherwise, youā€™ll spend forever hunting for music to fit the clips youā€™ve picked. You can always change to something different if it doesnā€™t fit with what you have.

Whatā€™s your live streaming setups?

Mine is a work in Progress but I am going triple monitors (one 32" TV) A Logitech 930 pro web cam, a sun bulb and stand for lighting, and OBS. My microphone died when I did some testing so going to roll that into phase two of this which would be a capture card, mixer, mic, and learning how to make the scenes not suck.

1 Like

Call Victor on Hangouts and let him do all the actual work.

3 Likes

Anybody in their travels transport booze in their check in luggage? I rarely travel so I donā€™t really know the deal to well. I looked into and Iā€™m allowed to bring up to 5 liters of alcohol in my check in luggage.

You totally can. See all that booze they sell at duty free?

Just make sure it is in there securely and in a way that it wont break and booze up your clothes.

It has to be under 140 proof IIRC but I donā€™t know of any other restrictions.

Gotta be check in though I bought some sake to take home from Japan and it got confiscated from my carry on on the way back. That came from reading that Japanese airlines allow outside liquids in carry on but it turned out it was domestic flights only.

I always brought wine back from Paris and London. (Parisian wine in the case of the latter).

I just declared it and kept it under the value where Iā€™d have to pay a duty. Totally fine in the checked bags.

It canā€™t be carry-on ever. The exceptions to that rule are so rare that you should just pretend they donā€™t exist.

I once carried some honey from Pitcairn Island in my carryon. Turns out that runny honey is considered a liquid, and it was confiscated. I had too attempts at getting it through security, succeeded on the second attempt, but was then chases through the airport by some agents who took it off me.

I never did taste Pitcairn Island honey, and if you know geography youā€™ll probably understand why I likely never will. Itā€™s not the kind of place you end up visiting twice.

I wish your idea of Danger Airlines with no security existed. So stupid.

Anyone have any recommendations for a fireproof safe? Itā€™s almost exclusively for storing documents. Most of the ones on Amazon have bad reviews but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s just weird people alert.

Scan all your papers and store them securely and digitally. Shred the dead trees.