Random Images Megathread

Sounds like a great landmark for a geocache (Something like X meters @ InsertCompassDegree from the excavator.

There’s actually one inside the excavator. The clue is that it’s “Under Pressure.” The cache is a small magnetic tube stuck behind the pressure gauge.

1 Like

There are a ton of 40s-era steam shovels and bulldozers all over Mount Beacon. Also cars from the 50s and 60s.

Ah see that’s a cool landmark but a dangerous place to put a cache in my opinion.

It could potentially be dangerous, and the Terrain rating on the cache reflects that, along with notes saying that you might get wet and this one isn’t for kids. But it’s right in the cockpit area and you don’t need to put your hands anywhere questionable to find it. The worst part would be trying to avoid stepping in the pond that formed below it if you go in the spring. I scoped it out before starting and there were no red flags that I could see.

I’ve done much more treacherous caches than this one.

Someone alert Mike Mulligan.

That just reminded me of one of the new cards that made me laugh in MTG: Kamigawa Neon Dynasty

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Back in the '90s basically all the spoiled kids with parents that bought them expensive shit actually did exactly this.

1 Like

Yeah I was impressed because I’ve seen this exact setup in my youth, minus the CD. I’ve yet to even see one of those in person! Interesting to see the size and relative instability of the tower tho lol

https://twitter.com/meatgirI/status/1539722475583541251

2 Likes

I wanted a Sega CD. But they had one at Funcoland, and I think I played every single worthwhile game on it enough to have had the full (worthwhile) experience.

2 Likes