Random Comments

Nunchucks are now protected by the Second Amendment! And are no longer banned in NY.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/18/right-bear-nunchucks-federal-judge-strikes-down-ban-weapon-violation-second-amendment/?fbclid=IwAR0KieMEm8QqnZnknYJ0Z1FU6_bqYGdzNOBMa0ZIdS_lwrkeeXm9ryRtP9w&utm_term=.e46e75b8245b

1 Like

Cowabunga!!!

2 Likes

I am reminded how the concealed carry law in Virginia extends to martial arts weapons, and hilariously identifies nunchucks as also being called “shuriken.”

2 Likes

NHK’s year-end music program opened with a Japanese cover of Livin La Vida Loca. It was…certainly a thing.

1 Like

New Year’s TV is considered A Thing™ even by Japanese TV standards.

I meant the cover in particular. Kohaku was Kohaku. Bells were rung 108 times afterwards and lots of picturesque winter scenery was shown.

Just booked a bunch of travel for the next few weeks. Visiting NYC next weekend to try to find a place to live, PAX South the weekend after that, and new job starts right after that. Also going to be flying back to Seattle every weekend until the move is done. My body is already tired.

Someone who works for GameCenter CX really likes The Aquabats, and that makes me happy.

that account is fucking incredible.

All those bugs make complete sense, and I can see how they wouldn’t if you didn’t play DF as often as I do.

The new meme seems to be “a photo of me 10 years ago next to my current profile picture” but my profile picture on Facebook is from 2010. And I don’t think anyone has noticed. I mean, I’ve not changed a whole lot.

Anyway, I know this came up here on the forum a few months ago, as my gravitar image (as used here) was also taken in 2010.

1 Like

Only saw this meme today, and it is pretty pointless, but I’m slightly amused by a few friends posts in that subject. Some people do genuinely seem way better off now in their 30’s, and good for them.

Edit: Also this made me try to lookup some people and it’s interesting who has completely removed their social media.

I feel like every time I say it, it’s going to come out “Shamir’s shecret sharing.”

1 Like

China uses weird lights.

What if i posted here again?

2 Likes

We would say welcome back.

2 Likes

And probably ask you Terminator related questions.

Probably wouldn’t be a surprise to see someone point out that you were missed.

Hehehe.

Yeah I kinda missed Terminator this year because I gave myself a concussion.

Also I’ve been working like… 10-14 hour days on my kickstarted RPG every single goddamn day and somehow fitting writing a novel and running playtests around that so it can be a bit hard to keep up with a chill forum like this.

but im going to try…

4 Likes

I hate the fact that as a child, I was not allowed to play FPS video games online, because of my over protective mother’s paranoid fear of violence “affecting me” and perverts on the internet. Its the type of game I want to enjoy the most, competitive shooters, but because I could not really get into them until I was nearly 17 and finally got my own computer I could do what I wanted with I never learned the skills or got that ingrained muscle memory for reflexively instinctively clicking heads. I’m now 32 and can literally never get better at them because that part of brain development is over forever. I fucking hate it.