Random Comments

The lead IT guy at my new office is the king of Linux Santas. Big gut, big grey beard, khakis with suspenders and a flannel shirt and Birkenstocks, defying anyone to challenge him or his team on dress code because fuck you the place will grind to a halt if you fire him. Seriously the IT team gives zero fucks about anything other than making sure everything works right.

2 Likes

The saga of my search for a job continues. Had a great interview with a recruiter to work for a commercial law firm. Looking into the firm I came to find out that an acquaintance of mine is a lawyer there. He and his dad are friends of my in-laws, and theyā€™re both lawyers.

3 Likes

Scanlation groups getting indignant about how their work is redistributed is the dumbest form of hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s pretty dumb. I mean, sure, itā€™s often a relatively less harmful form of piracy, and many groups do make a show of acting in an ethical manner, but itā€™s still fuckinā€™ piracy and they get so prissy and dramatic about it. Scans drama is almost always blindingly fucking stupid.

Related side note - remember how back in the day, a bunch of groups would use that ā€œ100% illegal Mangaā€ logo on some of their pages and credits pages?

Yeah, Iā€™m not mad at them for scanlating, I mean Iā€™m reading after all. But if youā€™re going to be a fucking pirate donā€™t get fucking uppity about it, and donā€™t expect people to respect your right to your work any more than you respect the authorā€™s.

My personal favourite is the steaming sites that ask you to not have add block so they can keep their pirate business going. Man the irony.

I wasnā€™t expecting to see a bunch of guys dancing in fundoshi tonight.

1 Like

So that cow song. The woman who made it is actually a genius.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no safe level of biking in the city either.

2 Likes

No safe level of driving or walking or train riding either. Gotta get from A to B somehow.

Donā€™t have to drink poison, though.

Donā€™t have to bike, though.

Also, there appears to similarly be no safe level of red meat consumption. You have to eat, but you could choose to never eat red meat and be objectively safer/healthier.

Do you still eat red meat?

Yes, but rarely.

ā€œFor a man can lose neither the past nor the future; for how can one take from him that which is not his? So remember these two points: first, that each thing is of like form from everlasting and comes round again in its cycle, and that it signifies not whether a man shall look upon the same things for a hundred years or two hundred, or for an infinity of time; second, that the longest lived and the shortest lived man, when they come to die, lose one and the same thing.ā€

Still eat Ice Cream?

Donā€™t you have something better to do than tell other people how to live their lives?

No, iā€™m at work.

4 Likes

Work is killing you faster than other things. Think about how many seconds it stole from you already.

5 Likes

I agree. Too bad lack of money will kill me even faster.

1 Like

I ainā€™t gonna lie, sheā€™s pretty swag.