Random Comments

What’s your special feature? Inquiring minds want to know!

He’s on FB, fine and well and still his good self.

1 Like

For each task I want to see and sort by these pieces of data:

When I first entered the task
When I set the task to be completed
When I actually completed the task.

You’d think this is obvious, right? But no. Lots of apps will let me sort outstanding tasks by date entered, but they don’t show the date. Some apps will show sort by various dates… but will not show completed tasks in the same list. The completed tasks will be in a separate section underneath the outstanding tasks, and won’t be sorted into the same list. Other apps may or may not be able to show me this data, but then that’s an advanced feature which costs 5 dollars a month.

Those features are a core part of most enterprise task/ticketing systems. So if you want to spend thousands of dollars, they have you covered =P

1 Like

Simple cheap iPhone app please.

The reason that enterprise software costs so much is that so few people need/care about such features that no one has any commercial interest in providing them. Post-task data is something probably no one except you and various project management software companies ever consider.

Yeah. Want I want is for my to do list app to become a time tracking data input, to remind me of when I did something so important I added it to the to do list in the first place.

If I had this problem, my solution would be to email myself and keep track of the threads for the status information.

Maybe try looking for project management or issue tracking apps? There might be a free one out there in one of those categories that just isn’t well known outside of those circles.

I’ve looked at some. They are all waaaay too complicated.

Yeah… I’ve built those features into a ton of things in the past. I even tied it into a phone app at one point. It is super common… for an entirely different kind of software…

Spreadsheet?

15 CHARACTER SPREADSHEETS

I want a GUI.

15 characters

The actual answer that Luke will reject and be mad about:

Don’t try to change software to match what you want. Change what you want to match the available software.

He could just build his own. I guess that’s the other end of this extremist spectrum.

What I want either costs $$$$$ or doesn’t exist. For me to match my actions to available software is to do work that is not useful to me… so why even do it?

And that’s my solution. I deleted all the to-do apps from my phone and gone back to using the built-in notes app.

So I work for this company called Asana that makes a work-tracking application with a free version that technically does all of the things you want to see: https://asana.com/.
It does track creation, due date, and completion time for tasks, although I don’t think there’s a way to comprehensively view that for many tasks at once.

We used Asana at work for a time. It’s a pretty neat product and I definitely recommend giving it a try. It even has some nice smartphone apps for it.

I checked out Asana. It gets closest to what I would want. However, to get all the way there:

“$375.00 per 12 months
plus applicable sales tax”

It certainly has a nice iphone app. It should for that price!

1 Like

Welcome to the world of team-oriented premium business applications.