Random Comments

Who’s Scojo South?

Is it like Country Mac?

Mac_Day

2 Likes

The other Scott Johnson, the movie writer from VA. I lost count of who has what nickname so threw a dart and picked one.

That’s me. I’ve gone by ScoJo, Gumboman, Silkie, The Other Other Scott Johnson, the list goes on.

1 Like

US Government Fears Amazon will Disrupt them with its own Judicial System.

Onion, hire me.

5 Likes

Amazon already does this. A fair number of my recent Amazon purchases were delivered by Amazon itself.

https://twitter.com/thevowel/status/916334364371304448

scojo is what I go with damn it :-p Also Prime Scott, Best Scott, Alpha Scott. Remember the Time of the Scott Gather comes soon, I’m ready for some head chopping :-p

I usually ignore the Facebook suggests group column. But this one caught me eye. It was for a group called auspol which I had no idea what that was. Did some googling and found that it’s a group for Australia Politics. Thing I learned today.

Luke = Paladin
Han = Rogue
Chewbacca = Barbarian
Leia = Orator
C-3PO = Bard
R2-D2 = Thief
Yoda = Druid
Obi-Wan = Monk
Vader = Warlock
Lando = Ranger

3PO isn’t silly enough to be a bard.

3PO isn’t silly spoony enough to be a bard.

2 Likes

Why can’t any “to do” app be as simple and easy and cheap to use as I want but also have the VERY SPECIFIC and NICHE feature that I want but NO OTHER advanced features?

Ask CGP Gray on that.

1 Like

What niche feature?

He’s a physics teacher, he might be better than some with code, but he doesn’t know jack shit about software development.

I’ve listened to CGP Grey spend HOURS talking about to-do software and the whys and wherefores. He can’t really speak to the why, but boy does he sure know a ton about all the different ones and what features they have and why they do, or don’t work!

Seriously, hours.

I use Remember The Milk. No good?

I’m actually thinking about dropping it after all these years and just using the reminders in Google Inbox + Google Calendar.

Google Keep + Google Calendar is my everything for some time now.

1 Like

From my research, Google Keep and Calendar are the closest I could get to what I want. But I spend a whole lot of time traveling with internet access, so a standaloneable iPhone app would be the most handy. A lot of apps and services cost a lot of money to buy or have a subscription that would come to 50-80 dollars a year.

Again, it’s unrealistic to expect such an app or service to meet my exact needs without also having the needs of thousands of other people serviced too. The only way it would happen is for me to write my own app. Which I could probably do. But fuck that.